Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
The Purchasing organization is responsible for the entirety of every user’s journey when they buy with Affirm. Our goal is to build a flexible, scaleable, robust platform to provide the best possible purchasing experience be it online or in-store.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to build out financial products and features providing new levels of accessibility and flexibility to our users. You will architect, design, and implement new API’s and microservice interfaces to manage every users’ transaction with Affirm. You will also use your technical skillset to find opportunities to improve the performance and reliability of the systems that drive the user journey through purchasing with Affirm.
We are experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your technical leadership will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!What You'll Do
- Technical strategy for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems
- Participating in the strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs
- Actively owning purchasing systems and defining their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- Collaborating with engineers within our team and across the organization to build the next generation of the checkout platform
- Improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes throughout the organization
Tech You Will Use Python / RPC2 / Redis / MySQL / AWS / Phabricator / Github
- 6-10+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities
- You mentor other engineers in a technical capacity through sharing your learnings and providing feedback that will help the team grow
- You have a proven track record of developing, testing, and shipping high-quality software at scale
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience (ours, our stakeholders', and our company's) as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- You enjoy leading technical architecture discussions and drive technical decisions within your team and beyond
- You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. If anything, you trend towards over-communication
- You are empathetic to the user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,791 - 28,370 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.