Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Comms Platform is responsible for Affirm’s consumer messaging systems. We provide a scalable, fault-tolerant abstraction on-top of messaging vendors that enable teams to focus on their core product experience. Our stakeholders rely on us to process billions of messages across SMS, Email and Push with strict regulatory and deliverability constraints.
Affirm is growing rapidly and so is the need for reliable, highly available platform capabilities. As a Staff Software Engineer on this team, you’ll help define the next evolution of our platform. If solving challenges at scale excites you, come join us!What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain mission critical services, tooling and data pipelines that deliver effective, compliant transactional and engagement messages to our customers
- Lead efforts to help shape the future technical direction of the team
- Closely collaborate with product, engineering, UX, analytics and marketing stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver scalable solutions with dependencies across multiple teams
- Drive project planning, system design, cross-functional alignment, in addition to delivery, monitoring, and continuous iteration
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, write high-quality, testable, peer-reviewed code which will be a model for the team
- Adhere to and advocate for engineering best practices across the team, such as robust automated testing and observability
- Provide mentorship to other engineers and model our strong team culture of transparency, continuous improvement, collaboration, blameless retrospectives and inclusion
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring senior engineers.
- You have served as the technical lead of large complex projects that span multiple teams and functions
- You enjoy leading technical architecture discussions and drive technical decisions within your team and beyond
- Expert in building service oriented applications with Python, Java/Kotlin, or other modern programming languages
- Prior experience in architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems.
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP & RPC interfaces and intuitive user interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience — ours, our stakeholders’, and our company’s — as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- You are not dogmatic, and believe in solving problems with the right tool for the job.
- Experience providing reviews on teammates code and designs, providing constructive feedback to meet a high bar of quality and help others grow.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,791 - 32,233 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.