Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a driven, analytically-minded professional to join the Growth Analytics team! Growth Analytics at Affirm encompasses Product, Marketing, Operations, and Foundations. The team is responsible for the research, reporting, and experimentation vital to build outstanding consumer-facing and merchant products. Specifically, this role is for the Payment analytics team focused on payment platform and payment user experience optimization. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, an eagerness to collaborate with different teams, curiosity to learn more every day, and patience to work through difficult problems.
What You’ll Do
- Proactively explore data and find opportunities to improve the user engagement, growth and profitability
- Utilize both industry and internal trends to produce insights that influence strategy for loan payment that directly impact the company bottom-line
- Own payment metrics (authorization rate, cost, etc), defining meaningful measurement and building intuitive dashboards
- Address ambiguous problems and formulate hypotheses into actionable and well-designed experiments
- Partner cross-functionally build a rapport and be a trusted advisor to team members
- Own end-to-end analytics workflow, including defining success, generating insights and hypotheses, performance metrics, socializing them across the organization, creating impactful dashboards and reports, and developing scalable analytics solutions and data models
What We Look For
- Passion to redefine the lending and financial industry for the better
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytically-driven role (analytics, consulting, finance, etc.); Preferably previous experience in payment processing, payment network and risk management
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and/or experience with Python or R
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of A/B testing
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally and influence both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitatively rigorous subject area like statistics, math, finance, economics desired
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.