Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Credit team works cross-functionally with Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Capital Markets, and Commercial teams to responsibly manage the risk profile of the business. We’re looking for a thoughtful, driven individual who wants to learn, grow, and solve hard problems.
The team’s mandate is to enable sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. As Affirm continues on an exciting growth trajectory; thinking through credit policies for new initiatives and products, shaping ongoing testing and experimentation, and being ready for navigating through any exogenous changes will be important problems to tackle.
This role requires extensive use of data analytics to derive insights and develop credit strategies. It also requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. Working with the Machine Learning and Engineering team to develop new underwriting models, with the Product teams to develop new products and features, with the Merchant Pricing team to value different merchants, with the Finance team to help facilitate discussions with debt and equity investors are some parts of the role.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better data and technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What you'll do
- Leverage advanced data analytics to derive insights and optimize credit strategies
- Continue to enhance the new credit and pricing strategies to drive user growth and user engagement
- Partner with Machine Learning and Engineering on building effective credit risk capabilities
- Build end-to-end credit strategies for the Amazon portfolio
- Monitor portfolio as well as macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance. Drive adjustments to our underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change banking, payments and online marketing for the better
- 3-5 years work experience as a data analyst (consumer credit risk management strongly preferred but not required)
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms
- Extensive experience with SQL and Python, or other scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a business!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.