Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to build scalable foundational systems and data pipelines which enable us to operate and forecast with the highest degree of integrity and precision. These systems are responsible for delivering accurate and timely data from Affirm’s suite of financial products, for consumption by our Accounting, Treasury, and Strategic Finance teams. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and accountants in understanding complex use cases and developing novel solutions to automatic reconciliation at scale.
Affirm is growing fast and we want you to enable us to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!What You'll Do
- Build and integrate data pipelines from a wide variety of products and systems.
- Build a foundational platform which enables us to reconcile each individual transaction across systems, partners, and cash movements.
- Develop an understanding of the systems and cash flows which power Affirm.
- Partner with product managers and accountants to design best-in-class systems and processes to reconcile and report.
- Partner with a diverse set of engineering teams who build financial products and perform financial transactions at Affirm.
- 1+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Fluency in back end development, event processing, and batch processing.
- Prior experience in designing, building, launching, and maintaining consumer scale products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of Python, Airflow, AWS, and Snowflake is a plus.
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,840 - 22,610 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.