Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
At Affirm, we deliver honest financial products that improve lives. We offer financing to more customers than traditional credit and because of our values, we never charge hidden fees. Affirm is dedicated to changing the way consumer finance works, and we’re just getting started.
We're looking for a Senior Manager of Product Design in Poland, to expand our global presence. You’ll be responsible for heading the design organization in the region to build an operation of excellence, which includes a small design team to start, but will expand to more as our cross functional teams expand as well. They will partner with research, content and design operations leaders to ensure cohesion across the design organization and help drive internal cultural change to champion our merchants and consumers.
A qualified candidate for the Senior Manager of Product Design role will be able to demonstrate delivering high quality consumer and B2B experiences through building high functioning design teams that are inspired by insights and data to solve real human problems. They are passionate about improving our consumers' lives through payments and see an opportunity for a win-win-win relationship for our consumers, merchants and Affirm. They are opinionated about product direction down to the pixels, words, and are steadfast about improving the user experience.
This role will report to the VP of Design and User Research, based in San Francisco, CAWhat you’ll do:
- Lead the Poland Experience Design Presence for Affirm and global collaboration with US based team
- Build a healthy team culture of very hardworking designers through periods of ambiguity and change during hyper growth.
- Establish operational rigor for design through use of frameworks, qualitative and quantitative insights to guide your team for continuous growth of the function and the product
- Proactively raise issues to ensure a cohesive customer experience
- Engage internally with partners & execs to enable the team's success for short term and long term results
- Directly address conflicts or disagreements with fairness, respect and diplomacy
- Understand how to delegate work to leverage the team’s strengths and provide coaching for growth
- Co-develop product strategies with product management and engineering that are aligned with business outcomes
- Foster an inclusive environment for teams to thrive
- 8+ years experience in product design focused roles, of successful B2B and/or B2C products with a global presence
- 3+ years experience of design management with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Demonstrated experience of growing a strategic practice of experience design which includes hiring UX/UI designers, user experience research, and building strong design teams
- Strong eye for executional craft with an obsession for design details with knowing how to make trade offs to get in market to learn
- Demonstrated high bar of quality of design craftsmanship from ideation to shipped product
- Demonstrated ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross functional partnerships
- Fluent in writing and speaking in English (required)
- Demonstrated portfolio of you/your team working cross-functionally, thinking strategically across the experience and shipping successful experiences in a fast-paced environment. (required)
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- FORMA for tech, food and lifestyle, 1280 PLN
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.