Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Product Support Specialists at Affirm provide fast and reliable service to our merchant business partners. This role is at the front line of our merchant support experience, and you will be responsible for ensuring that any technical or operational issues our merchants have are quickly resolved. You will become a product and payments expert, viewed by our clients as a trusted partner from whom they can optimally get quick and accurate information. You will work cross-functionally with Affirm’s Sales, Client Success, Operations, and Engineering teams to provide clients with quick solutions, troubleshoot account issues, and build internal processes that scale!
What you'll do
- Support Affirm’s merchant partners: E-Commerce retailers which use various platforms
- Apply various troubleshooting techniques to resolve complicated technical or configuration issues
- Work closely with engineers to resolve technical and operational issues, and provide high-touch support to merchant partners
- Effectively navigate multiple customer inquiries simultaneously, with appropriate prioritization
- Build scalable support processes and engage with feedback to streamline workflows
- Drive merchant partner communication and outreach about new features and improvements
- Aggregate feature requests based on merchant partner feedback to guide future product planning
What we look for
- 2+ years of experience in relevant industry (Tech, eCommerce, SaaS) and/or similar role(s)
- Ability to handle a high volume of requests with efficiency and empathy
- A passion for providing best-in-class support to our merchants
- Ability to clearly describe technical concepts and instructions in emails, but let your personality show and use these interactions as a chance to create relationships
- An interest in understanding complicated technical systems and concepts
- A record of taking ownership for owning projects through completion and adapting completed projects as needs change
- Insight: you can see the questions and issues that motivate our merchants and collaborators, even if they’re not plainly stated
- Level commensurate on experience
- Experience working with major e-commerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, etc) or exposure to web development concepts preferred but not required
- Comfort working with logs and formatted data to troubleshoot issues
- Level commensurate upon experience
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.