Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Merchant Support Specialists at Affirm delight our merchant partners every day with friendly, smart and useful help. This role is at the front line of our merchant support experience, and you will be responsible for ensuring that any technical or operational issues our merchants have are quickly resolved. You will become a product and payments expert, viewed by our clients as a trusted partner from whom they can reliably get quick and correct information. You will work cross-functionally with Affirm’s Sales, Client Success, Operations, and Engineering teams to provide clients with quick solutions, troubleshoot account issues, and build internal processes that scale. New and recent college graduates welcome!
What You'll Do:
- Deftly support Affirm’s merchant partners. E-Commerce retailers work with many different technology partners, but they will get the very best support from Affirm
- Work closely with engineers to resolve technical and operational issues, and provide high-touch support to merchant partners
- Coordinate closely with internal teams to maintain service level agreements
- Build scalable support processes and engage with feedback to streamline workflows
- Drive merchant partner communication and outreach about new features and enhancements
- Aggregate feature requests based on merchant partner feedback to guide future product planning
What We Look For:
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Past success in a job, internship, or volunteer role that required written communication with stakeholders, customers, or partners
- Great writing. You need to be able to clearly describe technical concepts and instructions in emails, but let your personality show and use these interactions as a chance to build relationships
- A knack for understanding complicated technical systems and concepts
- A record of taking responsibility for owning projects through completion and adapting completed projects as needs change
- Nice to have: Experience working with major e-commerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, etc) or exposure to web development concepts
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.