Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced tech writer / strategist to join Engineering to drive our documentation and onboarding strategies across the entire org. This is a very high-impact position which will affect the day-to-day functioning of the entire 500+ engineer org.
As a member of the Developer Productivity engineering group, you will create our documentation strategy working together with Engineering leadership, and will then work to drive adoption and implementation across the org. You will work to create best practices, create new processes and KPIs, and continue to own and evolve how engineers work with documentation at Affirm.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with engineers across the org and Engineering leadership to craft a cohesive documentation strategy
- Bring your in-depth knowledge of industry best practices to Affirm
- Effectively project-manage rollout and implementation of new practices and processes
What we look for
- 7+ years of experience as an information architect and/or technical writer
- Extensive experience at a senior level in at least one, preferably multiple larger technology organizations (200+ engineers)
- Ability to understand organizational issues and work to create strategies that are a fit with Affirm’s unique strengths and challenges
- Project management skills
- Ability to own and drive new initiatives without detailed direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A BA or BS in a related field (English or Computer Science), or equivalent experience
Location - Remote (Canada)
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.