Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Business Support Specialists at Affirm provide key business support and expertise to our merchant business partners. This role is at the front line of our merchants’ sales and growth experience with Affirm, and you will be responsible for ensuring a successful partnership between Affirm and thousands of merchants. You will become a product and payments expert, viewed by our clients as a trusted partner from whom they can reliably get quick and correct information. You will work cross-functionally with Affirm’s Sales, Client Success, Operations, and Engineering teams to provide clients with reliable insights, troubleshoot sales and growth issues, and build internal processes that scale.
What You'll Do:
- Support Affirm’s merchant partners: E-Commerce retailers which utilize various platforms
- Utilize internal tools, data, and marketing tools to help Merchants be successful with Affirm as a payment method
- Handle merchant contracting and growth at scale
- Work closely with operational teams to ensure account setup and day to day operations are running smoothly
- Effectively manage multiple merchant inquiries simultaneously, with appropriate prioritization
- Build scalable support processes and engage with feedback to streamline workflows
- Drive merchant partner communication and outreach about new features and enhancements
- Aggregate feature requests based on merchant partner feedback to guide future product planning
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in relevant industry (Tech, eCommerce, SaaS) and/or similar role(s)
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Great writing. You need to be able to clearly describe technical concepts and instructions in emails, but let your personality show and use these interactions as a chance to build relationships
- A knack for understanding complicated technical systems and concepts
- A record of taking responsibility for owning projects through completion and adapting completed projects as needs change
- Nice to have: Experience working with major e-commerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, etc) or exposure to web development concepts
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.