AccelOne is looking for a Database Administrator with an advanced English level to join the software development team in designing and implementing the database operations of our client's customer-facing, high-traffic, e-commerce web platform.
AccelOne provides outsourced custom software development and design services for a broad spectrum of companies in the US and Latin America. Our company was built by seasoned technology professionals and entrepreneurs from a foundation of transparency, communication, and accountability which serve as our company’s core principles.
About our Project
Our client is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. Their rigorous training programs are industry-standard and Their certified alumni highly sought-after. They help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure, and help individuals enter or advance their careers in cyber security.Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, They help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world like labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cyber security in everyday life and work. Their mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
- Work cross-functionally with many teams, product, technical, operations.
- Design stable, reliable, extensible, scalable, practical and high performing databases to support a fast scaling B2C and B2B e-commerce platform.
- Support and setup high availability and replication for the OLTP & OLAP systems.
- Troubleshoot any performance issues, deadlocks, or other production problems.
- Provide support to developers with query or DDL enhancements.
- Develop and assist with database queries for content releases to the platform.
- Assist with various system integrations and migrations as needed, including future EDWs and Data Lakes.
- Work with developers to establish best practices.
- Provide data management support to internal and external users.
- Ensure all database programs meet or exceed company expectations.
- Create necessary documentation.
- Propose new technology, techniques, tools, best practices and processes to continue to improve the database and application performance.
- You should have the ability to work well in a fast changing, high growth, early-stage technology environment and work well with people in different timezones, across cultures.
- You must be a self starter, a go getter, a creative and practical problem solver.
What We Offer
- 3+ years hands-on experience with large-scale e-commerce systems.
- Hands-on experience with MySQL table design, querying, indexing, and debugging.
- Experience with Amazon RDS.
- Experience with data migration from on-prem to a hybrid or cloud.
- Experience with JSON data best practices and optimization.
- Excellent in database query languages, hands-on experience with MySQL, AWS EC2 services.
- Strong logical thinker, capable of identifying issues through sound logical derivations.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to methodically use hypothesis-driven approach to solve problems associated various data issues.
- Concise and clear written and verbal communications skills.
- Extremely good with attention to detail.
- 100% Remote Work with a competitive compensation package.
- Premium Co-working spaces to catch up with your teammates. (only in BA City)
- Career Development Opportunities and training courses/certifications.
- 75% discount in English classes applicable for you, your family and/or your kids.
- 75% discount in an Online Training Courses platform.
- An opportunity to join a growing company that is oriented to service quality, transparency, communication, and providing the best enterprise complex solutions.
- A creative, flexible, fun, and challenging environment with international clients
At AccelOne we recognize the value of our team. We are a people-first organization that is committed to the well-being of our people, our clients and our communities. Employees are encouraged and supported through various programs and benefits in a rewarding work environment. We promote balance and want you to be your absolute best at work and at home.
Join our team of highly talented experts and help us in our mission to provide our clients with the best solution possible - together.