We’re passionate about our mission to ensure every student has the opportunity to maximize their potential by making informed and meaningful choices about their lives and futures. Unfortunately, many students aren’t given the same opportunities in school due to systemic inequities perpetuated by outdated, unresponsive systems. Abl offers advanced, data-driven software and services to help K12 school and district leaders identify and remove those barriers to equity.
We offer a flexible work solution and are 100% remote at this time.
About the role:
As an account executive on our client growth team, you will be responsible for managing deal cycles from generation to close and be the primary contact with the customer. Success in this role means becoming a trusted advisor to K12 district leaders through thoughtful listening, anticipating needs and empathetic inquiry to help characterize unarticulated needs, presentation of options to meet those needs and recommendations on win-win-win solutions for our client-their students-and Abl.
As an active member of a small rapidly growing organization you’ll work closely with the rest of the Client Growth team, marketing, operations, Client Success, and Strategic Consulting teams. We look for people with high EQ who are courageous risk takers committed to aligning with clients to improve their situation by doing what’s right for students.
As an Account Executive you are accountable for the creation of your strategic territory goal, fulfillment of your annual quota, and will benefit from the full support of our sales-oriented company to help you succeed. You’ll be surrounded by an experienced team of people from whom you can learn and are equally invested in learning from you.
Above all we want self-starters with an entrepreneurial drive who are motivated by the opportunity to improve long-term opportunities for today’s K12 students.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work full-cycle deals from lead to relationship building, executive presentation and close.
- Manage renewals within your assigned territory.
- Cultivate sales opportunities and projects to increase sales and establish a dominant share position by researching and targeting K12 districts within our defined TAM.
- Develop and execute a diverse prospecting strategy focused on building trusted relationships that create 2-3x pipeline coverage
- Learn to effectively articulate and present Abl’s education leadership messages and the full ABL by Design solution to new prospective clients.
- Conduct engaging and impactful customer meetings, both virtually or onsite, traveling as necessary to maximize our time with school leadership.
- Negotiate contracts
- Record and document all sales activities in SalesForce.com.
- Work cross functionality with marketing, product, and operations to continuously refine our value proposition and implementation processes.
- Be a steward for our culture and values, and actively engage in making Abl a great place to work.
You’re an experienced and self-motivated K-12 sales professional who builds trusting relationships by providing client-centric solutions that meet specific needs.
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment.
- 2+ years working in K-12 education selling directly to district leadership (e.g., Superintendents, CAO, Directory of secondary/high schools).
- Enterprise sales experience with average contract values >$150k+.
- A quantifiable record of success in education and/or Technology sales with a proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Own your sales processes from lead gen to close to upsell, using a structured and data-driven approach.
- Able to to build trust with new-to-Abl customers at all levels of an education organization through listening, empathy and probing for clarification.
- Experience with a solution-based approach to addressing customer needs and an understanding of complex sales cycles.
- Be equally comfortable with virtual sales calls (phone and video conference) and in-person customer meetings.
- Understanding of the organizational structure, decision-making process, and political considerations in the K-12 Education Sector.
- High EQ with excellent verbal as well as written communication skills..
- Self-motivated and organized, work independently with strong time/territory management skills, analytical/problem solving skills.
- Collaborative team member who thrives on working and learning at a fast pace.
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
A Note to Candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.