Quality Controls Assistants / Trainees (Male)
Jafferjee Brothers Exports (Pvt) Ltd
Job type full-time
Full job description
Since 1992, ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovationWe believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every dayThis means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by ciena technologiesCiena makes your social / entertainment / business existence real.
What will you do at ciena?
Ciena is seeking a senior technical program manager who has experience in managing an overall program aimed at driving secure development initiatives through education and awareness, consistent assessment practices, integrated security testing, metrics, and governanceOur approach is to guide developers towards simple, self-service solutions that meaningfully reduce security risk for the software they create.
Coordinate the incubation and delivery of secure development services
· establish intake process to assess software development team’s security posture, foster adoption of secure development services across development teams, products, and applications
· develop and codify an engagement model to guide interactions between internal development teams and the various services and roles of the internal security group
· work with multiple delivery teams to take ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery for security tools and processes
· coordinate security service hand-offs from proof-of-concept stage demo/test systems through to production operations
· identify process gaps and recommending process improvements across project teams and delivery services by challenging status quo, fostering innovative thinking, and engaging key stakeholders
· manage multiple projects with a focus on secure development technologies and managing matrixed resources from both it and product development teams
· ability to enable simplification and efficiencies by identifying opportunities to leverage systems and investments across business areas
· provide project execution leadership and management adhering to project methodology and compliance standards, as well as act as pm throughout the lifecycle of projects
· support the execution of the information security program strategy, utilizing change management strategies to drive enterprise alignment
· adhere to project management standards and manage stakeholder and vendor relations to ensure that project expectations are met
· understand daily activities and goals of individual project members, identify roadblocks/ bottlenecks and proactively communicate issues/ escalation for issue resolution
· attend daily stand-ups and communicate to higher-level stakeholders on project momentum
· act as the primary point of contact to handle project issues and changes in scope, while providing clarity to any ambiguous requirements or deliverables
· conduct routine status calls and project status reporting
· identify risks to the project and follow through with all involved to mitigate issues
· identifies evaluates and develops opportunities for training and awareness materials to educate users on security policies and practices
· oversight of program metrics and reporting
· minimum of ten years’ experience in information technology with at least 3-5 years in secure software development
· strong technical aptitude required
· program management experience in an agile environment
· project management experience
· strong working knowledge of and experience with secure development lifecycle/devsecops and the agile framework
· experience in managing software development activities is required
· be comfortable supporting multiple stakeholders and business areas
· be a self-starter, anxious to add value to the program
· prefer collaboration and problem solving over process and mandates
· have an appetite to learn or expand technical knowledge
· be able to influence others that don’t report to you
· possess strong communication skills to explain technical concepts in simple terms
· be able to communicate at multiple levels, including executive leadership
· proficiency in performing risk, control, and vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment strategies
· strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls
· an understanding of operating system internals, databases, applications, and network protocols
· experience in system technology security testing (vulnerability scanning and penetration testing)
· understanding of the threat and risk landscape globally and across the financial services industry
· good knowledge of programming frameworks (e.gJava, c, .net) as well as familiarity with client-server and web application technology implementation and integration
· familiarity with development tools and processes, including application lifecycle management, integrated development environment, and build engines
· understanding of/experience with open-source tools and ci/cd best practices
· familiarity and understanding of cloud technology and amazon web services (aws, azure)
· strong background in risk and threat assessment methodologies
· enterprise-level program management and experience required
· excellent organizational, analytical, leadership, executive verbal, and written communication skills are essential
This role can be based anywhere in north america.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcomeWe attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our successOur culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: customer first, integrity, velocity, innovation, and outstanding people.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purposeWe trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the worldWith ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundariesUnlock your potential at ciena!
Being you @ ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globallyCiena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable lawWe do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.