Company Name Withheld
The Commercial PV Design Engineer/Project Manager will be responsible for designing code-compliant solar photovoltaic systems for Majoris Groups commercial clients. The position relies heavily on structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts and calculations, with a focus on efficiency and automation. Additional (critical) responsibilities include creating project budgets, negotiating product pricing, and managing all projects to come in, at, or below budget. Responsibilities also include creating plan sets for mid and large-scale photovoltaic systems in a deadline-driven environment. This position will eventually manage a growing department, to oversee additional employees.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate should be based in the Negombo/Colombo Districts and will be able to quickly understand widely varying site conditions and design requirements on sites and incorporate electrical and structural engineering concepts to create detailed and accurate plan sets. You must demonstrate an ability to set and manage budgets for multiple projects at once. You must also be comfortable creating and operating under a tight schedule to meet project deadlines while handling several projects simultaneously. Expectations include interfacing with licensed engineers, building officials, public officials, project managers, and teammates, in a professional capacity, to bring designs, permits, and projects to timely completion. You must have extensive knowledge of PV racking/mounting (both rooftop and ground mount). Experience with system sizes between 250 KW to 1+MW is a MUST.
Primary Job Duties/Key Responsibilities:
• Project Management on a materials cost and design level.
• Draft system plans.
• Coordinate project design reviews.
• Develop detailed drawings of system components for construction and installation.
• Material BOQ for Commercial Solar projects.
• Use relevant software and custom software tools to design commercial photovoltaic ground mount, carport, and rooftop systems (complete electrical and structural designs for photovoltaic projects).
• Work with CEB and LECO to ensure permits are being submitted properly and being issued timely.
• Create and manage project budgets.
• Work cross-functionally with sales, project support team, and installation teams to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met.
• Research local and national code requirements in project jurisdictions.
• Create project bills of material.
• Assist in documenting and developing industry best practices, standards, and guidelines.
• Delegate project completion tasks to other engineering team members.
• Oversee preparation of documentation for construction teams.
• Utilize software systems to record the progress of various tasks.
• Always demonstrate ethics and professionalism.
Required Competencies & Desired Education:
• Strong Project Management skills and 3 years (minimum) experience is a must!
• Ability to develop and adhere to project budgets is a must!
• Ability to run weekly meetings on budgets is a must!
• Extensive PV racking knowledge and knowledge of different racking solutions is a must!
• A minimum of three (3) years of COMMERCIAL solar photovoltaic design experience required!
• Minimum 3 years of intense AutoCAD experience required!
• Must have proficiency with reading and understanding architectural plans and schematics.
• Must possess working knowledge of electrical design theory and concepts.
• Ability to communicate succinctly and clearly in a professional work environment.
• Experience in a commercial construction environment.
• Extensive solar industry knowledge a plus.
Your CV must contain:
· Your complete CV should be emailed to [email protected]
· A passport size color photograph, embedded at the top right-hand corner of the CV.
· Names and contact details of two non-related referees
Salary and allowance will be based on experience.
This vacancy would be open until it is filled.
All candidates would be considered strictly on merit grounds only.
Majoris Group (Pvt) Ltd, is a turnkey Energy Solutions Provider, specializing in Solar PV energy and intelligent controls. Our mission is to improve the health of our planet and economy through the implementation of profitable energy solutions.