Innovating for a Better FutureAbout Us
At 1904labs, we are a human-centered technology company that focuses on using modern tools and technologies to solve enterprise organizations' digital transformation challenges. We look for innovative, courageous, intensely curious, and team-minded people. We value people skills and technical skills highly. At 1904labs, we are committed to providing each team member with opportunities that will allow personal and professional growth while working in a team-based model using our HCDAgile methodology. We strive to solve problems innovatively while keeping humans at the center.The Role
As a Data Engineer at 1904labs, you will be part of a team working on complex projects that solve real-world problems for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies. We are seeking someone who is passionate about using modern tools and technologies to create solutions that work for people, meet and exceed the needs of businesses, and work elegantly and efficiently.
If you’re someone who is intensely curious, seeks first to understand, challenges assumptions, and always has the best interest of the client in mind, we’d like to meet you.Basic Qualifications
- Proficient in at least one programming language. More is better, as is experienced with functional and object-oriented languages. For example: Scala, Java, or Python.
- Proven and recurring success applying software engineering practices like requirements gathering, design, and testing on a team.
- Working knowledge of the Linux command line and shell scripting
- Proficient in SQL
- Comfortable leading discussions with clients, acting as a guide to help them accomplish their tech goals.
As a Data Engineer and Consultant at 1904labs, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in several ways:
A Day in The Life
- Collaborate with intensely curious and innovative teammates to create data solutions that improve the lives of our clients
- Guide clients to make data-driven decisions that positively impact their business and customers.
- Use modern technologies and tools to create solutions that are innovative, efficient, and user-friendly.
- Create inclusive, equitable, and user-friendly software & solutions that empower diverse communities and deliver high value to our clients.
- Attend Agile ceremonies and other meetings to collaborate with your team, divide up user stories, and solve problems based on your individual skills.
- Work with clients and internal teams to design, and implement data solutions using a variety of programming languages and technologies, including, but not limited to
- Programming languages (ie. Scala, Java, Python)
- Relational Databases (ie. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Non-relational Databases (ie. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Solr, Redis)
- Big Data Technologies (ie. Spark, Hive, HBase/Cassandra)
- Cloud-based data ecosystems (ie. AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Streaming Technologies (ie. Spark Streaming, Kafka, or Nifi)
- Utilize a range of data modeling techniques to build data warehouses, data lakes, and operational applications.
- Use your expertise to help clients make sense of their data and build insights for their businesses.
- Analyze data to find trends, patterns, and insights and present those to the clients to help them make data-driven decisions.
- Create and maintain documentation to ensure a smooth workflow, knowledge sharing, and efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in data engineering and share your knowledge with the team.
Why Choose 1904labs?
At 1904labs, we believe that innovation leads to progress, and we value creativity, inclusivity, and personal growth. Here are some reasons to choose 1904labs:
Innovation Hours: We believe in giving our employees time and space to innovate and work on their own ideas and projects.
Innovation First - work where it makes sense: What matters is collaborating with your team and meeting your individual commitments. So long as that remains true, each day we want you, in conversation with your team, to work from where it makes the most sense
- Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package, including medical, dental, and paid parental leave.
Personal and professional growth: We invest in the personal and professional growth of our employees, crafting career paths tailored to their aspirations.
- Experienced team: Our teams consist of intensely curious and innovative thinkers from a variety of disciplines who inspire each other to come up with the best solutions possible.
Trusted advisor to our clients: We work with our clients to effect change within their organizations and create solutions that make an impact.
Inclusion inspires innovation: We believe that a diverse workforce builds better, more inclusive software.
- Flexible schedules and human-centered approach to work.
Strong commitment to the community: Take advantage of the relationships we’ve built with our established community partners or pursue any other community endeavor you are passionate about.
Don’t meet every requirement? No problem. If your skills and experience align without meeting all requirements, we encourage you to apply. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t meet every requirement. At 1904labs, one of our core beliefs, Inclusion Inspires Innovation, reflects our belief that a diverse workforce builds better, more inclusive software.
At 1904labs, we believe that inclusion inspires innovation. Our goal is to hire innovative, courageous, intensely curious, and team-minded people, and we are committed to fair hiring practices and equal treatment and opportunity in all areas of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. 1904labs is an equal-opportunity employer; committed to an environment of inclusion, free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.