We’re UserTesting, a leader in experience research and insights; we believe the path to human understanding and great experiences start with a shared understanding—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. Working at UserTesting, you will be empowered to help organizations discover the human side of business–transforming how they work, collaborate, innovate, and bring new products and experiences to market. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences naturally and organically through an experience that is uniquely, and intentionally human.
A trusted company by top brands for 15+ years, UserTesting, recently merged with UserZoom, has over 3,400 customers in 50 countries, including 75 of the Fortune 100 companies. Joining our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming how companies learn from and understand their customers. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding.
We seek an experienced Senior Frontend Developer to join the Insights team in UserTesting. You will be instrumental in shaping and executing our product roadmap and in charge of maintaining our existing platform. You will be developing high-quality software design and architecture in React. You will be a proactive team player, capable of working asynchronously in a distributed team, with a strong capacity for learning; staying up-to-date with industry trends and technologies. You will have strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative, and integrity. You will work with the team and wider teams within the business to align software solutions with business and technical strategies.
The Insights team at UserTesting, responsible for developing and maintaining the UTZ Insights Platform, is known for its superb attention to detail, top-notch software development practices, and efficient time management. They are collaborative; brainstorming and create new solutions They also play a crucial role in enhancing the EnjoyHQ platform. If you aspire to join a global, cohesive, highly-skilled team dedicated to innovation and continuous improvement, the Insights team offers an unparalleled opportunity.
We prioritize work quality over location and time, provide tangible solutions to real customer problems, and remain open to utilizing innovative tools when they're the best fit for the task at hand.
What we are looking for
- Professional experience with web standards: HTML, CSS, JS, and experience working on/with React.
- Understanding of web technologies and W3C standards, as well as of programming concepts and web architecture
- Experience in writing unit-tests to validate the code based on functional specs
- Through understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such Redux, Router, etc)
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Ability to perform validation and verification testing
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to work asynchronously in a distributed team.
- Exceptional learning ability and problem-solving skills.
- Bonus: Knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
Don’t meet every single requirement but excited about the role? We encourage you to apply! Research show us that certain demographics are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the requirements, but you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. We know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Private medical and dental
- Monthly wellness and telecommunications reimbursements
- Work from home office equipment stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible hours
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Mental Wellness Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Referral Programme
- Paid quarterly volunteering days and Charity donation matching via our UT Cares Volunteers and Charitable Giving Committee
- Enhanced family leave
- Employee-led groups to help foster a more inclusive employee experience and build a culture of belonging at UserTesting. Read more here!
These benefits are exclusive to our UK based employees ,to find out more about what we offer internationally visit our Careers Page!
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
At UserTesting, we are committed to providing more inclusive and accessible experiences for our candidates. We pride ourselves on building empathy; diverse perspectives, which we believe are the key values to creating exceptional experiences for everyone. Our commitment to providing accessible experiences is driven by this belief and our core values. If you require any accommodations or have any specific requests about how we could tailor our interview process to better suit your needs please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to speak to someone please ask!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing askPeopleOps@usertesting.com.