Must be based in the UK
At Tanium, our Support Engineers fulfill a necessary role in our organization by serving our customers in resolving technical issues and answering technical questions in a timely manner. With a primary focus on customer satisfaction, Support Engineers work both reactively and proactively to improve the overall experience of our enterprise customers when using Tanium. This role reports to a Support Manager.
As a Support Engineer, you’ll have continuous opportunities to apply your best technical skills while building new skills ranging from scripting to debugging.
What You’ll Do:
- Assisting customers by:
- Triaging inbound support cases
- Solving customer support cases
- Working with other Support Engineers to assist with their assigned cases
- Answering customer questions in the Tanium community site
- Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, and reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the testing and troubleshooting aspects of the area
- Testing Tanium and providing feedback to the Engineering teams on how we can improve the overall customer experience
We’re Looking For:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years into their career field with solid technical skills in one or more areas of networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming
- Ability to master new concepts and technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform and modules
- Problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts and successfully convey the problem statement and plan to others
- Aptitude for comprehending complex troubleshooting
- Good Judgement; understand the importance of weighing cost and value in decision making and practice making good judgement calls with improved consistency overtime
- Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects and follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex enterprise initiatives or issues
Good to Have:
- Prior experience and breadth of knowledge needed to support customers
- Hands-on Tanium experience
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT SupportProfessional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE,A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.)
- For Federal Roles only:
- Security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
- 8140.1 training/8570 certification may be required
- Prior military service in a related field (e.g. NavyCryptologic Technician - Networks, USAF 3D or 1B,Army 17C or 35Q, 25D, etc.) a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains: Endpoint Security, EndpointSupport/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, SystemsManagement, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell,VBScript, Python.)
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.