The Tanium Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering team member will be focused on data storage and access technologies. You will build and maintain best-of-breed products and infrastructure as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new product ideas are identified, our software engineers design, develop, test, and deploy the products and supporting services from the ground up, while iterating with product management and customers for feedback and input.
What you will do:
- Architect and help build high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, supportable, and maintainable data platforms for use by Tanium’s products and services
- Create automated unit tests, API tests, integration tests and ensure quality delivery
- Work with existing persistent data stores, caches, messages buses, and other server-side technologies
- Author technical documents and artifacts for developed software
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree or related technical field preferred
- Must be able to obtain Reliability status (RS) for Protected A, B, C at a minimum
- 5+ years industry experience, 7+ preferred
- Experience building large cloud-based data services
- Knowledge of at least one of Golang (preferred), C++, or Rust
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with API design and development
- Experience with Azure or AWS Database Services
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Pulumi)
- Experience with modern software engineering development and automation tools like git and CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrates excellent judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Believes in the power of and the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Experienced debugger who can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong in production environments and address the root causes of those fires for the future
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern backend software frameworks and the versatility to learn new tools and languages
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.