Supply Chain Coordinator
Key Areas of Accountability
- Procurement – Sourcing - Responsible for implementation of Save the Children Procurement Policy and Manual and compliance with donor regulations across project activities in collaboration with Supply Chain team colleagues, plan and implement complex sourcing processes for the projects, ie. formal quotations and tenders, to ensure optimal sourcing outcomes, manage supply base by tracking supplier performance, actively liaising with suppliers, and undertaking supplier risk management at the field level.
- Warehousing and Inventory - Ensure compliance with Save the Children and s policy and procedure for warehouse and inventory management and record keeping, ensure proper management, tracking and recording of inventory: eg with expiry dates, batch numbers, requiring cold chain etc.
- Asset Management - Ensure that at CO and the field level all the project assets are recorded and movement tracked, with information input to maintain the central CO asset register, provide regular reports on assets to Supply Chain and Operations teams on asset status and support with regular asset checks and verifications.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in Supply Chain Management or a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in a supply chain or procurement-related role and at least 3 years of work experience in a development organization or NGO.
- Experience and knowledge of working with complex donor compliance regulations (i.e.- USDA, USAID, EU, SIDA, UN, etc.)
- Good coordination and time management skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Experience managing a vehicle fleet, knowledge of vehicle mechanics and advanced driving skills
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Sinhala and/or Tamil
- Resourcefulness, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment with sensitivity and respect.
- Ability and willingness to travel to SCI project locations within Sri Lanka.
- Commitment to the values, mission and principles of Save the Children.
The Organization We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application Information: Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Job Identification 2770
- Job Category Supply Chain
- Posting Date 08/08/2023, 06:33 AM
- Apply Before 08/14/2023, 06:29 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations CO - Colombo