MetroStar Systems is an award-winning IT management consulting firm that works with over 20+ Federal sector clients across law enforcement, foreign affairs, military, and regulatory. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer (Mid) who is passionate about bringing creative architect solutions to end customers.
Don’t meet every single Must Have? If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture and we pride ourselves on making great matches. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You're a great fit if:
- You're disciplined in requirements management and have strong attention to detail
- You’re passionate about optimizing agile team performance through the creation of clear, concise, and testable user stories
- You’re passionate about collaborating as part of a broader agile development team
- You own your work and have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You have experience designing, analyzing, and complex enterprise infrastructures to include on-prem, cloud, and custom-based tools and technologies
- You have experience in Enterprise IT and Infrastructure
You'll love our opportunity if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Information Technology field focusing on development projects using DevSecOps and AWS cloud environments. If school experience is used, at most that would contribute to 2 years of actual experience
- You have experience with full stack engineering (defined as proficient in database development/integration as well as server and client application development/integration), including at least three (3) years of experience deploying production enterprise applications in AWS
- You have at least three (3) years of specific software engineering experience related to front-end and back-end applications and/or data services
- You possess experience in large-scale, high-performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS
- You possess experience with automation and engineering tasks, implementation, data, infrastructure/operations, and security engineer tasks in USCIS cloud environments
- You have the ability to perform, but not limited to, automation and engineering tasks, testing, implementation, data, AI/ML, infrastructure/operations, and security engineer tasks in USCIS cloud environments
- You have at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable degree or experience
- You have the ability to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability
We'll REALLY love you if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have front end development experience with technologies such as HTML/CSS/JS and back-end development experience with Java and Python.
- You have the ability to perform as a mobile app developer for Android and iOS
- You have familiarity with data analytics, cloud, virtualization, remote access and mobile technologies
- You have a certification in AWS, Azure, and or Agile (e.g., CSM)
- You have experience with supporting Federal and/or commercial project which include up to 100+ developers in a highly dynamic agile environment
- You have experience building MVPs and prototypes to support exploration and adoption of new technologies
- You possess the ability to work independently/with minimal oversight
- You're a team player, passionate, and have a strong work ethic!
What your day will look like:
- You'll work with AI team members to operationalize data pipelines and ML tasks
- You'll provide day-to-day support of deploying Python-native ML pipelines
- You'll support architectural leadership, technical support, and advisement services to ensure identity management system technologies are integrated and meeting the appropriate security requirements
- You’ll support leadership who engage with senior level executives at a public facing Federal agency and provide subject matter expertise in security architecture and other key domain areas
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.