MetroStar Systems is an award-winning IT management consulting firm that works with over 20+ Federal sector clients across law enforcement, foreign affairs, military, and regulatory. We are looking for a Data Scientist (Senior) who is passionate about bringing creative architect solutions to end customers.
Don’t meet every single Must Have? If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture and we pride ourselves on making great matches. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You're a great fit if:
- You're disciplined in requirements management and have strong attention to detail
- You’re passionate about optimizing agile team performance through the creation of clear, concise, and testable user stories
- You’re passionate about collaborating as part of a broader agile development team
- You own your work and have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You offer thought leadership to drive executive level clients forward in IT modernization planning and implementation
- You are experienced in developing whitepapers, proof of concept solutions, and have demonstrated experience in translating these types of activities into growth
You'll love this opportunity if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have more than eight (8) years of experience in the AI/ML data science field. If school experience is used, at most that would contribute to 2 years of actual experience
- You have experience using open-source models to the extent possible or provide a comparable analysis and justification for using proprietary models
- You have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data architecture and services to be used for AI/ML. Additionally, able to maintain the AI/ML models through user stories and DevSecOps CI/CD pipeline including any optimization and evaluation of alternates
- You have the ability to perform data analytics on program related or system related activities. This will include assessing performance and manual processes implementing methods/algorithms to automate/optimize
- You have at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable degree or experience
- You have the ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability
We'll REALLY love you if: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have experience with Python or R, Anaconda, Numpy, TensorFlow, Keras, SciKit-Learn, Postgres
- You have experience operating in a DevSecOps and MLOps environment
- You have familiarity with cloud services, CPUs and GPUs
- You possess the ability to work independently/with minimal oversight
- You're a team player, passionate, and have a strong work ethic!
What your day will look like:
- You'll analyze complex datasets to assess performance or find new patterns
- You'll build, train, operationalize and maintain AI/ML models in production
- You'll apply machine learning techniques to data sets related to immigration
- You'll present results to a diverse audience in presentation or report form
- You'll support architectural leadership, technical support, and advisement services to ensure identity management system technologies are integrated and meeting the appropriate security requirements
- You’ll support leadership who engage with senior level executives at a public facing Federal agency and provide subject matter expertise in security architecture and other key domain areas
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.