Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
Hims & Hers is seeking a seasoned writer with a passion for hair health to join our Editorial Content team.
Do you love scouring the internet for the latest, greatest, or sometimes strangest ways to keep your hair looking and feeling its best? Are you obsessed with the science of self-care? Are you devoted to destigmatizing access to medication?
If so, we want to connect!
Specifically, we’re looking for a blog writer to lead our editorial work in the hair care space.About You:
The successful writer will be nimble, collaborative and extremely passionate about health and wellness.
You’re up to the challenge of impressing readers while also knowing how to wink at Google’s web crawlers along the way. Your writing is creative, informative and fun, but you also understand how keywords are used and why digital marketers are so obsessed with them. You know how to get the most SEO juice out of a topic while always putting the needs of the reader front and center. You’re obsessed with seeing your articles succeed, and always looking for ways to help make search engines pay attention. You have a keen eye for everything that builds trust in a brand.
You’re adept at keeping up with hard deadlines, making pivots on the fly and researching sometimes technical data (and distilling it into easily digestible bits of writing).
You’re skilled at distilling notes from strategists, editors, and medical reviewers to make each article the most compelling, technically accurate piece of info a discerning Googler could ask for.
We’re changing the way folks think about their healthcare — and that starts with a little handholding, a lot of expertise, and endless compassion for our customers.
These articles will be most peoples’ first touchpoint with the brand, so smart, accessible, authoritative, and engaging content is key to starting that journey on the right foot.You Will:
- Write compelling, accessible, authoritative content across the Hims & Hers blogs consistent with content briefs and medical research packets provided for each assignment by our in-house editorial and SEO teams.
- Write complete articles that include a mix of footnotes, reference lists, and a comprehensive SEO report (Experience with Frase, Clearscope, etc. a plus).
- Be an advocate for brand authority, using tone guidelines to inform writing from a high level.
- Distill medically complex information to easily digestible action items for the everyday reader.
- Revise work as necessary based on feedback from editorial, SEO, and medical reviewers.
- 5+ years editorial experience, preferably for both brands and publishers, preference for publishers with a strong SEO strategy.
- Excellent time management and ability to make weekly deadlines.
- Proven track record writing excellent content about a variety of topics.
- Strong creative, conversational writing style.
- Experience using insights and strategic thinking to shape priorities.
- Experience driving complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience writing in the medical space preferred
- Strong preference for writers with expertise in the beauty/hair care space.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this email address.