At Somnio, we rely on the incredible skills and talents of freelance professionals like you to help us tackle the diverse and ever-evolving projects that come our way. By joining our freelance team, you become an integral part of our network. And when the need arises, we won't waste any time reaching out to you—think lightning-fast, like a viral meme! There's a good chance we may need your expertise sooner than you think so let's embark on an exciting journey together and create something truly remarkable. Apply today and get ready to unleash your creativity and make a real impact!THE ROLE
We are currently in search of a Freelance Content Strategist and Information Architect who possesses a genuine passion for user experience design. Our ideal candidate not only comprehends the profound impact of words and messaging architecture on enhancing and enriching user experiences but is also proficient in crafting content across diverse media platforms. If you are enthusiastic about this role and have the availability to commit to our freelance team, please consider applying. Our project needs can vary, with some requiring up to 30 hours of work a week, while others may involve less time commitment. Your flexibility and adaptability are highly valued as your skills can be a valuable asset to us across projects of varying sizes and durations.
- You enjoy working through the details of complex problems, love logic puzzles, and relish the challenge of untying impossible knots.
- A passion for language and for creating elegant user experiences
- An understanding of UX and how copy and design support each other
- Have 1+ years of online UX copywriting experience for a consumer product, including demonstrated experience UX copywriting for web and mobile user interfaces (UIs) including registration flows, landing pages, calls to action, micro copy, help text, email copy, ad copy, social media posts, SEO optimization, and blog articles.
- Knowledge of iOS, OS X, Excel, Word, and Sketch or other design tools
- Experience with wireframes or functional specs
- Have held positions as a UX Writer, Information Architect, Content Strategist, or something similar
- Have a deep awareness of UX and how copy and design work together. Ability to ask probing questions and give/receive feedback in an iterative environment.
- Have exceptional writing skills, grammar/style expertise, and high attention to detail.
- Write clear, concise user-interface text for a range of format including tools and software-level projects.
- Write or facilitate the creation of user flows, weighted assessment tool logic, and decision matrices.
- Shape brand voice and tone across entire customer experience. Ensure tactical execution to drive cohesive narratives across all digital touch points within the product experience.
- Collaborate with design team to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Organize and curate internal and external facing content so that it is easy to find and is up to date.
- Research, evaluate, and share best practices and industry standards for copywriting and communication.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with principles of information architecture and wayfinding
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics platform
If you’re excited to be part of a dynamic team where creativity thrives, and you meet the qualifications mentioned above, we encourage you to apply for this Freelance Content Strategist and Information Architect position. Your expertise can make a significant impact, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard.