As a Test Lead, you will be responsible for defining testing strategies, developing test plans, and ensuring the delivery of reliable and defect-free software. Your technical expertise and attention to detail will be crucial in driving the success of our testing efforts supporting a federal agency, with the goal of making an impact across the federal government.
We know that you can’t have great technology services without amazing people. At MetroStar, we are obsessed with our people and have led a two-decade legacy of building the best and brightest teams. Because we know our future relies on our deep understanding and relentless focus on our people, we live by our mission: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
If you think you can see yourself delivering our mission and pursuing our goals with us, then check out the job description below!
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of testers and coordinate testing activities for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test strategies and test plans based on project requirements and specifications.
- Collaborate with project managers and development teams to identify testing scope, objectives, and timelines.
- Design and execute test cases, test scripts, and test scenarios to validate software functionality and performance.
- Ensure the identification, documentation, and tracking of defects using bug tracking tools.
- Establish and maintain test data, test environments, and testing tools to support testing activities.
- Conduct risk analysis and prioritize testing efforts based on the impact and likelihood of defects.
- Provide regular test status updates, progress reports, and metrics to stakeholders and project teams.
- Mentor and train team members in testing best practices, tools, and methodologies.
- Participate in test automation initiatives and guide the team in the adoption of automated testing.
- Continuously improve the testing process by implementing best practices and lessons learned from previous projects.
- Collaborate with other test leads and quality assurance managers to ensure consistency and standardization across projects.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 8+ years of experience as a Test Lead or similar role, leading testing efforts for software development projects.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, principles, and practices.
- Hands-on experience with test planning, test design, test execution, and defect management.
- Proficiency in using test management and bug tracking tools.
- User/customer experience testing expertise with large samples
- Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks is a plus, particularly Jenkins and Katalon
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to effectively lead and mentor a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- To be detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality results.
Like we said, we are big fans of our people. That’s why we offer a generous benefits package, professional growth, and valuable time to recharge. Learn more about our company culture code and benefits. Plus, check out our accolades.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so, if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
What we want you to know:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Not ready to apply now?
Sign up to join our newsletter here.