As a Database Administrator, you’ll be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of our company's databases, with the goal to make an impact across the federal government.
We know that you can’t have great technology services without amazing people. At MetroStar, we are obsessed with our people and have led a two-decade legacy of building the best and brightest teams. Because we know our future relies on our deep understanding and relentless focus on our people, we live by our mission: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
If you think you can see yourself delivering our mission and pursuing our goals with us, then check out the job description below!
What you’ll do:
- Install, configure, and maintain RDBMS database solutions such as DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Install, configure, and maintain database replication solutions such as DB2 High Availability Disaster Recovery, and PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server replication.
- Assist in remediation and cleanup of data spills, including unauthorized access to classified information.
- Install, configure, and maintain databases for COTS and open-source applications.
- Develop and maintain capabilities to support COOP, audit database activities and monitor database availability, reliability, and integrity.
- Automate common database tasks through scripting.
- Respond to outages and other issues as they occur (including outside of normal business hours).
- Respond to emergent business requirements as needed in coordination with the COR or CO as appropriate.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server database installation, configuration, and management.
- Expertise in database backup, recovery, and monitoring techniques to ensure data integrity and availability.
- A strong background in DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server, and possess the necessary skills to ensure the smooth operation of our database systems.
- Expertise with database replication and High Availability solutions, such as failover clustering or mirroring.
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) for efficient data retrieval, modification, and optimization.
- Some experience with scripting tools, such as Bash Shell and/or Python to automate database-related tasks.
- Proven ability to respond to outages and other issues promptly, including outside of normal business hours.
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC, strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex technical challenges, and experience creating a mitigation plan.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Availability to respond to outages and other issues as they occur (including outside of normal business hours).
Like we said, we are big fans of our people. That’s why we offer a generous benefits package, professional growth, and valuable time to recharge. Learn more about our company culture code and benefits. Plus, check out our accolades.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so, if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
What we want you to know:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Not ready to apply now?
Sign up to join our newsletter here.