About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Founded in 2007, today over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use our website and apps every month to learn math, science, humanities, coding and more. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
About the Role
Khan Academy is looking for a temporary, part time Social & Community Content Producer to help engage our thriving online community of K-12 teachers in the United States. The social & community content producer will be responsible for curating and creating content that is relevant, conversational, and maintains a positive atmosphere within the community. This position will be roughly 20-25 hours per week over 6 months ($45/hr).
Your Day to Day May Include
- While maintaining an active pulse on the online community, you'll research and craft relevant topics to actively engage with our social channels
- Producing copy for 2-3 social media posts/week, adhering to brand and style guidelines. Occasional and minimal graphic design (e.g., changing text on a visual).
- Producing 1-2 posts/week in the online community to make new members feel welcome and start threads meant to spur engagement
- During campaigns, plan, produce, and manage social posts and community threads to support campaign goals.
You May be a Good Fit If You Have
- Experience creating engaging social media content for an organization at scale
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to align to brand specific guidelines
- Experience engaging with an active online community
- An inclination towards action, even in the face of challenge or ambiguity
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work independently while yielding high results
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in the education field or deep empathy for K-12 educators
- Passion for Khan Academy’s mission and products
How to apply
Complete the online job application and provide links to social media pages/communities you have managed or worked on and a content portfolio with prior copywriting and community management examples.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.