Support Engineers at JW Player enjoy the unique opportunity to interact with content creators, publishers, advertisers and video audiences at the code level. They dive into customer code making sure our technology is expertly implemented to ensure the best possible online video viewing experience while gaining exposure to all of the pieces that form the growing online video ecosystem.
Support Engineers are a critical component of JW Player's customer success and rapid growth. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner with a diverse set of technical skills who excels at multitasking and works well in a fast-paced and self-starting environment.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for managing clients
- Attend regular review meetings with assigned clients and company meetings to make decisions on future processes and solutions
- Demonstrate strong experience supporting business-based customers with bespoke projects and products
- Have the ability and confidence to make department decisions if the technical lead is not present
- Stand-in as line manager if the department line manager is not present
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of support systems and practices
- Attend regular technical company meetings to make decisions on future processes and solutions
Who You Are:
- Minimum 3+ years in a similar role
- Experience with Video Streaming technologies and an understanding of Network Fundamentals
- Experience with providing 2nd and 3rd line support on tickets
- Ability and confidence to make technical decisions in a fast paced environment
- Experience writing documentation for both internal and client use and provide internal training
- Have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Methodical and discpinllined problem solver with fault-finding attributes
- Self motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with EC2, Cloudfront, S3, Cloudwatch, Zabbix or Nagios
- Experience navigating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows operating system
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Private health insurance
- Development Reimbursement Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #supportengineers #careers #ukjobs