IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking a copy editor to join our math content team. In this role, you will review the newest additions to our math curriculum to ensure the highest writing quality and collaborate with curriculum designers and writers on revisions.
This is a remote 1099 consulting role for candidates in the United States. #li-remote #LI-MC1WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Review math word problems and make suggestions to improve concision, clarity, flow, student engagement, and overall quality
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors
- Collaborate with math curriculum designers to meet project deadlines
- Understand and apply IXL’s writing style guide and the Chicago Manual of Style
- Prior copy editing experience required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.