Location: USA -Remote
Term: 6-month contract (may be extended)
High Tech Genesis is currently seeking a skilled Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Engineering developing groundbreaking embedded applications.
This person will lead with expertise in:
- Deep knowledge of DevOps concepts including creating or modifying CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with embedded applications
- Experience with streams and propagation
- Experience with dependencies
- Configure and customize features to the infrastructure using Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, and other cloud-based tools.
- You will be responsible to manage and maintain integrations between tools like Git, Jenkins, JIRA, and more.
- Deliver and maintain cloud infrastructure, spanning on-premise solutions and public cloud instances like Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Have a broad understanding of various cloud-native tools and how they might be integrated into the above.
- Modifying user interfaces and reporting options for these tools as required to support (internal) customer needs.
- 2+ years of creating/modifying CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience working with AWS and/or Azure tools
- Hands-on usage of Git and Jenkins
- Hands-on Kubernetes, Docker, and/or EKS/AKS experience
- Experience working a Linux software development environment
- Strong programming skills using Python, and C/C++
- 2+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- 5+ years working in a software development environment working with software engineering workflows and developer tools
- Solid understanding of cyber security from a cloud infrastructure perspective (i.e. how can we secure the cloud?)
- 2+ years of experience in cloud-native DevOps
- Knowledge of embedded systems and real-time operating systems/environments
- US Citizen working on US soil
- Cloud-based security understanding and hands-on work (TLS/mTLS, Tonzy, ISTIO, penetration testing, threat assessment, FIPS 140-2/3, STIGs, etc.)
- Multi-region AWS and/or Azure experience
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner would be a big plus
- Broad cloud-native tool experience (examples might include Cloudify, Terraform, Podman, Helm, Ceph, S3/EBS, Hadoop, Tekton, Min.io, Kafka, Nifi, etc.)
Note 1: Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen working on US Soil.
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 4: Salary is commensurate with experience.