What is Current Mobile?
Our mission is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional income from their everyday habits. We accomplish this with an Android app and smartphone that pay users to listen to music, charge their phone, play games, complete surveys; and connect them with exclusive deals to save and earn even more.
Current Mobile is a fully remote US-based company that builds mobile technology products for budget-conscious consumers. Our products let people around the world earn passive income while using their mobile phones for daily habits like music, games, news, shopping, browsing, charging, and even unlocking their devices.
We continue to expand our product offering to more than 3 million monthly active users and pace towards revenue growth of more than 400% in 2021. Additionally, we expect to have paid out $6+ million to earners this year and look forward to strong continued growth ahead.
Our flagship products, Current Rewards, and Mode Smartphone are hugely popular with millions of users around the world. It is our goal to provide a free Mode phone to every income-conscious consumer on the planet, enabling them to earn up to $100 each month while passively using their device. Our common purpose is to bring financial joy to the lives of our user base.
In 2018, Current became the first company to raise over $36M through an SEC-registered security token offering, to implement our royalty-paying token $CRNC across company product lines.
Why Current Mobile?
You have an opportunity to join a team of high-caliber ambitious people who are out to challenge the status quo of content consumption.
- We’re a well-funded revenue-generating company, and have a runway for years to come.
- We are rapidly growing and as we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- We’re committed to bringing diverse industry experiences and perspectives together. The team is made up of alumni from Y-Combinator, Ivy League Universities, College Dropouts, Fortune 500, and everything in between.
- We have superior financiers and advisors including Mark Cuban and several top-tier institutional investors.
- We care about building a disruptive product that empowers our users. We think big!
About the Role
To further our mission, we are looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist in South America to join forces with our U.S.-based Technical Recruiter to source and hire talent across a wide range of technology and other roles at Current Mobile. We have been and continue to experience incredible growth, in fact, we hired over 60 new team members in 2021 and will significantly surpass this number in 2022. As we continue to scale, how should we evolve our talent acquisition strategy? How should the hiring strategy evolve with a remote-first workplace? How will we continue to drive operating leverage as we grow our teams? How should we build a global talent base in alignment with our international business expansion roadmap? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded, rapidly growing company where you can help answer these questions and implement new and innovative talent acquisition ideas and processes. The right individual will join the People team and will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work with our Chief People Officer, and other department leaders, and engineering and product hiring teams to acquire exceptional technical talent. This person must be a builder who thrives in a learning environment—unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes, and deliver a best-in-class candidate experience.
You'll be working closely with our other technical recruiter and other stakeholders and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Partner with the company's leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives around technology talent recruitment.
- Partner with senior leaders across the organization to understand their hiring objectives and develop team recruiting strategies to hit staffing goals for remote-first teams.
- Source candidates from relevant networks, online and internal databases, team members referrals, and passive candidates through networking and research.
- Drive a strong candidate experience through a high-touch and consultative recruiting process.
- Pre-qualify candidates for availability, interest level, salary range, qualifications, etc.
- Ensure a smooth and positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy.
- Track and analyze metrics and report on hiring progress on a regular cadence.
We'd Love To Talk With You If…
- You have full-cycle technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You have hands-on experience hiring for the adtech and/or fintech industry, for engineering and product roles ranging from backend, frontend, and native app development software engineers; engineering managers, product managers, QA, DevOps, and cloud infrastructure.
- You have a passion for building teams and delivering exceptional candidate experiences.
- You have the industry knowledge to identify, target, and attract high-caliber technical talent in a highly competitive global market.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness.
- You have abilities to attract passive senior technology candidates and build diverse pipelines.
- You have an active and data-driven approach to problem-solving; you enjoy making sense of the trends and using the insights to better your process to make it more efficient.
- You have a growth mindset and are truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change (at a fast-growing startup, they often do).
- You have an interest in working in a cross-functional and fluid environment, and the ability to learn quickly.
- You have a consistent job history and staying power.
- A nice to have...a bachelor's degree in a STEM program.
We All Share The Same Core Values
- Lead with Purpose - Leadership does not necessarily mean management. Everyone is a leader, no matter the role. Taking pride in your responsibilities, finding & executing solutions is key.
- Focus on the ‘Why’- The best solutions start with everyone understanding the problem and its impact. We’ve found that if someone understands the ‘why’, they will produce an innovative ‘what’ and ‘how’. If we cannot explain the ‘why’ clearly, we don’t understand the problem ourselves.
- Bring a Sense of Humor - Our work environment is a lighthearted & positive place where employees are united by humor and camaraderie; we believe laughter is a great way to uplift employee morale and form bonds with each other.
- Set New Precedents - We drive innovation and push boundaries for all company activities while understanding that anything worth doing will have roadblocks. We set a new standard of worth for people’s time, data, and attention while rewarding what most other companies take.
- Collaboration - We won’t thrive without recognizing others’ strengths. Listen and evolve together, helping and supporting each other for the sake of a collective goal.
We Believe In The Following Workplace Norms
- Honor Commitments, Your Word Matters - Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant & Timely (S.M.A.R.T) Asks & Answers.
- Allow OKRs To Guide Us - Individual & Departmental OKRs will largely impact success at Current Mobile.
- Agree to Disagree & Commit -Voice concerns in a respectful & appropriate manner directly to your manager or the Senior Leadership Team.
- Assume Positive Intent - Always start from the idea that a person meant well or was doing their best, no matter what they say or do.
- Accomplish More with Less - Explore options to maximize value. Learn and be curious.
- Hold Yourself and Others to High Standards - Embrace high attention to detail & maintain an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Speak Up - Everyone’s opinion matters. Be inquisitive & don’t think in silos.
What We Are Offering
- We are a remote-first company so this position is 100% remote from anywhere in South America and will need to overlap with U.S. CST hours
- A competitive compensation package.
- Participation in the Company's equity and token plan.
- We payout individual bonuses every two months in accordance with our bimester Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
- Work with energetic, passionate, and high-caliber people.
- Celebrate team members' personal milestones.
- Remote social activities including virtual coffee buddies.
- Bonus.ly - we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward team members for their hard work and commitment.
If we just described you and your perfect role, we'd love to talk with you. We have a lot to accomplish in the new year and look forward to making headway and creating successes together!