We are NYC based, but remote friendly unless specified.
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries. We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more--which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
India based candidates only. Part-time candidates only. We are building a brand-new Content team in India but we're based in NYC.
Codecademy is looking for a knowledgeable programmer with an interest in online learning to help create a variety of types of content for the Codecademy Free Team, whose mission is to provide free, quality, and accessible content to Codecademy learners. The Free Team Content Contributor works directly with the Codecademy Curriculum team to author and edit technical documentation, technical articles, and more. This is a paid, remote, part-time position.
The Free Team Content Contributor will need to have meaningful experience in at least one of three technical domains: Data Science, Computer Science, or Web Development.
- Computer Science includes languages like Python, C++, and Java and concepts like algorithms and data structures. (See Codecademy's existing Computer Science content in our catalog here)
- Data Science includes languages like SQL, R, and Python, and concepts like machine learning, data visualization, and statistical significance. (See Codecademy's existing Data Science content in our catalog here)
- Design and author in-depth technical articles, step-by-step project tutorials, technical documentation, and more.
- Think from a learner’s perspective to break down technical concepts into short, digestible explanations
- Collaborate with Codecademy's Free Content team to define what our free content should be and the best way for us to go about making it.
- Provide support to the members of the Codecademy Community looking to get started with writing technical documentation
- Knowledge of 1-2 programming languages or frameworks from at least one of our three domains
- Either formal education in Computer Science (or related field)—undergraduate or graduate—or professional experience as a software engineer (or related field)
- Experience contributing to technical documentation
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, and the command line.
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
- A collaborative mindset with experience working within a team
- Knowledge of a variety of languages and frameworks from two or more of the domains
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
- Extensive experience participating in an open source project.
This is a contract, remote position. You can expect anywhere from ~15-30 hours of work per week, with the freedom to work wherever and at whatever times you want. You will be compensated (paid) monthly.#LI-Remote
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote