pureIntegration is seeking a Information Technology Technical Writer II focused on reusable self-service platforms. The ideal candidate must have outstanding communication and presentation skills. This role supports and IT team supporting a sales technology team. .
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of IT documentation.
- Translates technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Works with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Support to produce a wide variety of technical publications including instructional materials, technical manuals, product documentation and the like for use by both the IT and business community. Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organization.
- Researches information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications to fill any gaps. Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation including design documents, programmer notes and system overviews.
- Requires knowledge of company product lines and document structure.
- Depending on the industry/work environment, such documents may include various media, including written and video.
- Responsibilities include maintenance of internal documentation library, providing and/or coordinating special documentation services as required, and oversight of special projects.
Location: Philadelphia, PA (100% Remote)
- Experience in software development lifecycle.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills and excellent writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of business or technical writing experience and working knowledge of multiple software and graphics packages.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to create clean, quality content without the benefit of double- reading. Working with stakeholders to understand and address their concerns within the documents.
- Fluent in MS office programs…comfortable in SharePoint, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Enable Now, Snagit/Camtasia
- Would like those from Information Sciences/Technology background. Telecom industry experience a big plus.
- Technical Writers who also have previous Business Analyst experience do well in this role.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.