Job Description: Inside Sales Representative
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
About the role
The Inside Sales Representative will develop and help Outside Sales Managers maintain current client relationships and identify, develop, and close new sales opportunities. This position is responsible for assisting the Outside Sales Team on creating new leads, following up on existing accounts, generating orders, ensuring they are fulfilled in a timely manner, verifying that the customer received the product and is then handed off to the support team for training.
This role requires very little travel. You should expect to be on the road less than 10% of the year.
- Respond to and follow-up on all initial incoming leads
- Qualify incoming opportunities for the Outside Sales Manager on details such as use case, customer needs, potential size of the order, time to purchase an Account Tier
- Partner with Outside Sales Managers to identify and support ongoing current customer needs
- Creating demand for goTenna’s products and services with strategic marketing campaigns developed by the Sales Team
- Generate quotes for Outside Sales Managers
- Assist in properly identifying customer’s optimal funding vehicles (GSA, TLS, etc)
- Work with goTenna warehouse & shipping partners to ensure accurate order delivery and timely processing schedules
- Work with goTenna support teams to ensure adequate follow-up and training for new customers
- Actively log all daily sales activities in Salesforce
- Be able to provide a simple online/virtual demo of goTenna’s equipment for a customer
- Develop a strong understanding of goTenna territories and areas or targeted growth
- Conduct basic market analysis for Outside Sales Managers and assist the team in reaching it's in annual revenue goals
- Understanding of the basic sales process, from initial contact to close.
- Comfortable in handling both inbound leads and building outbound plans (via email and cold call) and managing both at the same time.
- Independent thinker, excellent communicator, eager to learn and engage with customers. Able to take direction and build on it.
- 2+ years of sales experience, or relevant equivalent, with a proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales goals
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM to actively manage a portfolio of many accounts and associated opportunities.
- Uses tools such as InsideView, LinkedIn, and Social Media for discovery and outreach.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of Google Tools and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication (presentation, written, and verbal), and relationship-building skills.
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate a great track record of follow-through
- Must be able to develop excellent relationships with their customer base while managing a high volume of processing activities
- Able to focus on daily tasks and goals in a virtual work environment from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field.
- Understanding of government contracts, defense procurement, and relevant purchasing methods desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development processes, marketing, preparing quotes or proposals, and negotiations.
- Military, intelligence, DoD, US government, Law Enforcement, First Responder experience
- Technical understanding of RF/Communications equipment.
- Experience using similar or related military RF/Communications equipment in the field.
- Practical understanding of use cases, product development, technology transitioning, and system integration of telecommunications devices
- Experience conducting product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of customer needs and requirements.
goTenna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.