You will partner with employees and leaders across edX to implement and execute HR strategies.You’ll focus on HR process improvement, talent management, organizational effectiveness, and employee engagement. In addition, you will own and/or collaborate on programs that run across the broader HR team. To be successful in this role, you will understand business and HR priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You will consult with employees and people managers to address root causes of human resources issues, and propose ways to help the business drive results with data-driven recommendations that improve onboarding, performance, and retention.
The Human Resources and Talent Acquisition (HRTA) team is responsible for the employee experience at edX from the interview and offer stages throughout an employee’s time at the company. You’ll report to our Senior Manager of Human Resources, who oversees our HR/Benefits team. In addition to the HR team, you will work with employees, people managers and leaders across the company.
- Support employees, people managers and leaders including G&A, Sales, Marketing, and Professional Services.
- Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g. review cycles, employee engagement, workforce planning, and organizational change), and provides feedback on how to make HR programs more effective.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Consults with directors, people managers and employees, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues with a systematic approach, escalating to HR management and/or Legal as appropriate.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Runs reports and analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the broader HR team to develop solutions.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Identifies training needs and participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Participates in new hire orientation, and other presentations/trainings for the organization.
- Performs other related duties and ad hoc projects/reporting as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Google Suite or related software.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.