We help our customers create innovative and delightful customer experiences using our programmable communication building blocks. Through a choice of support offerings, we provide top-tier support for developers and enterprises. Our global technical team, skilled in development, communications technology and troubleshooting, help our customers rapidly resolve any issues, publish online knowledge articles, and communicate proactively for any incidents that occur.Why this role matters
Vonage Technical Support Agents work directly with customers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair end user system access, device issues, and first level troubleshooting steps in a call center environment. The Vonage Technical Support Agent works to gather all details of the request to eliminate follow up engagement for added information. We are part of the team ensuring that Vonage customers get the functionality and reliability they expect and demand. The Technical Support Agent provides Customer Care support to a broad range of clients and/or multiple product areas.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do:
- Communicating clearly, consistently, and professionally with customers and teammates via phone and email
- Meet metric goals in a high volume inbound/outbound call center environment
- Document customer issues, troubleshooting status updates, and resolution summaries.
- Process Move Add Change Delete requests and other billable changes
- Setup call flow as desired by customer and ensure documentation within Case
- Raise awareness to leadership of large-scale impairments as inbound customer engagement may dictate.
- Follow up with customers to ensure ongoing high levels of satisfaction and meeting Vonage SLOs.
- Follow processes as outlined in IKBs
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as outlined in the Vonage Call Center environment
- Understand complex call flows for customers
- Handle a variety of issues dealing with various platforms, operating systems, applications, inbound / outbound calling, caller ID, calling features, etc.
- Basic experience with SIP, TCP/IP and similar multimedia technologies and protocols.
- Basic knowledge and experience with network troubleshooting including LAN/WAN, Routers, Switches, TCP/IP.
- Basic understanding of the telecommunications service provider and SaaS industry sectors.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently. Be accountable to deliverables and timelines.
- Learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to:
- Multitask, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Quickly respond to customer inquiries, requests and issues.
- Communicate technical, process, and business information in language easily understood by diverse audiences.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues related to the Vonage suite.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic troubleshooting environment.
- 1-3 years of experience troubleshooting within an IP environment, including VoIP
- Prior experience (1+ years) in progressive skill development technical support roles.
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.