We help our customers create innovative and delightful customer experiences using our programmable communication building blocks. Through a choice of support offerings, we provide top-tier support for developers and enterprises. Our global technical team, skilled in development, communications technology and troubleshooting, help our customers rapidly resolve any issues, publish online knowledge articles, and communicate proactively for any incidents that occur.Why this role matters
As Technical Support Engineer at Vonage, you will provide first-class technical support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who are integrating our real-time communication APIs and SDKs.
We challenge our Support Engineers to provide a customer experience that leaves our users impressed, loyal and true advocates of our company!
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Thoroughly understand technologies and protocols such as SMPP/SMS, HTTP and APIs
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues related to cloud communication platforms
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem-solve, have a natural curiosity and demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly
- Communicate well with different audiences (developers, technical and non-technical users)
- 1+ years in technical support, ideally within the telecommunications, CPaaS or SaaS sectors
- Experience as either a Developer Support Engineer or a Technical Support Engineer in either the telecommunications or technology sectors
- Experience in supporting API or SDK implementation and/or integration
- Excellent understanding of networking: TCP/IP, UDP, most common protocols
- Linux/Unix operating systems experience
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.