Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As Customer Communications Manager, you will join the Communications team responsible for telling stories that increase Upwork awareness and favorable brand perception. The Upwork Communications team consists of the Media Relations, Analyst Relations, Social Media, Employee Communications, and Economic Research Team. You will report to the Director of B2B and B2C Communications.
In this role, you will be responsible for owning the stories that increase Upwork awareness and favorable brand perception among professionals and freelancers. You will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with business and trade media using product news, customer stories, data-driven stories in partnership with the Economic Research Team, and executive points-of-view on trends. You will work cross functionally across the organization to ensure we are leveraging every channel at our disposal to communicate and amplify our stories.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about storytelling, is a team player, agile, and can juggle multiple activities simultaneously.Your Responsibilities:
- Develop a proactive communications strategy that showcases how Upwork's work marketplace empowers independent professionals to gain control over their careers
- Create and execute compelling PR campaigns to secure robust media coverage in top-tier outlets
- Lead external communications strategy and execution for independent talent facing product announcements and campaigns
- Proactively work with cross-functional teams (analytics, product, talent success, research) to identify opportunities to add Upwork to public conversations and raise awareness of our brand
- Support our media spokesperson program by conducting media trainings, interview prep, and event support
- Provide comms counsel and support on issues that may impact our employees, customers, product, and corporate reputation
- Agency and in-house experience (although in-house experience is not a requirement)
- Experience doing communications for marketplaces
- Strong media and analyst relationships
- Experience telling data-driven stories
- Proven success at collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.