About the Role:
Are you passionate about driving customer success? Addicted to solving problems? So are we. We are looking for a customer-driven problem solver at Sezzle. With a fun, genuine, and empathetic voice, you will be troubleshooting and writing clear and concise instructions to solve questions about utilizing Sezzle. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are dependable, resourceful, and get joy from going beyond to make customers successful.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
- Provide clear, prompt, detailed, empathetic, and customer-oriented support to our consumers
- Showcase passion and connection with the nooks and crannies product
- Assist customers to resolve basic to complex inquiries via email, live chat, and phone call
- Build a network of support and trust with our awesome customer support team!
- Work with customers to understand how they use Sezzle services, and provide valuable feedback to Product and Development teams
- Act as an advocate for our customers, report and act on observed areas for improvement in our product or processes
- Actively seek solutions to customer needs, communicate trends to leadership, and suggest innovative solutions on behalf of the customer - experience
- 1+ years of customer support experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced support environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to provide clear, articulate and kind customer support in technical instructions via phone support, email, and live chat
- Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks at the same time and utilize personal judgment to take initiative
- Driven to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Displays a passion for what you do while upholding personal and corporate integrity
- Excitement to learn new technologies and help customers succeed
- Email, phone and/or live chat experience dealing with complex issues, troubleshooting, and problem resolution, preferably with software
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish, French and/or German is a plus
- Zendesk, LiveAgent or Jira experience is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- Generous paid time off, sick time and volunteer hours
- Life, STD/LTD, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Highly discounted LifeTime gym membership
- Work From Home stipend
- 401k with impressive employer match
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, boxers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.