Sengled is a leading global manufacturer of innovative lighting solutionsWe are looking for an associate technical product manager to help grow our 3rd-party integration partnerships for our consumer smart led portfolio in north americaThe associate technical product manager will engage with 3rd-party integration partners, such as amazon and smartthings, to drive product certifications, gather integration requirements, maintain the partnership roadmap, and develop product integration messagingHe/she will serve as a liaison between partners, product, r&d, marketing, and other functions, using his/her influencing skills to successfully bring new certifications, joint features, and partnerships to market, and manage the integration and partnership lifecycle.
This position requires a unique combination of technical and soft skillsThe ideal candidate will possess not only an understanding of product development processes and familiarity with smart technologies, but also excellent communication and influencing skills, attention to detail, and a strong bias towards action and ownershipThis is a high visibility role that will interface with all levels of the company, including senior leaders, as well as key partners and customers outside the company.
Associate technical product manager responsibilities and duties
· manage the smart lighting 3rd-party integration lifecycle for north america
· work closely with key integration partners, such as amazon and smartthings, to drive certifications, gather requirements, and unlock new collaboration opportunities
· closely collaborate with global product management and r&d teams in china to submit, track, and troubleshoot partner certifications and features to support on-time product launches
· serve as liaison between integration partners and hq teams to advocate for and deliver superb customer experiences
· evaluate product integration readiness and drive user experience for launch and on an on-going basis.
· provide weekly integration updates to senior leaders at hq
· develop meaningful use cases and effective product messaging for joint features
· support marketing team in developing integration content for packaging, user manuals, websites, product detail pages, videos, etc.
· support sales activities through participation in tradeshows, events, and customer visits.
Product manager qualifications and skills
· bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related engineering field
· 1-2 years of hardware or software development, or technical product management experience
· understanding of various wireless technologies, including zigbee, wi-fi, bluetooth, and ip networks
· understanding of agile development processes
· experience in smart lighting or smart home is a strong plus
· strong passion for consumer electronics and smart technologies
· good communication and influencing skills, to clearly and effectively articulate positions and present recommendations
· great attention to detail and a strong bias towards action and ownership
· high level of comfort within a matrixed organization
· this position requires some travel (10%) for tradeshows and customer visits.
This job description and specifications are not intended and should not be construed to be a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this jobThey are intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal requirements of the associate technical product manager’s position within sengled.
Job type: full-time
Pay: up to $80,000.00 per year
401(k) 401(k) matching Dental insurance Health insurance Life insurance Paid time off Vision insurance
Monday to friday
Technical project management: 1 year (preferred) Electrical engineering: 1 year (preferred) Hardware software management: 1 year (preferred)