Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Product Manager, Data Platform to join our Product team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, and optimizing internal operations and processes. Powered by this differentiated full stack technology platform, we have built a suite of services that enable us to earn our members’ trust, leverage the power of personalized data, and help our members find quality care they can afford. Through our tech-driven platform business, +Oscar, we develop solutions that enable our partners to deliver best-in-class engagement leading to better outcomes and lower cost of care, reduce admin costs, and enable growth & innovation.
Oscar’s data platform is the core piece of infrastructure upon which analytics, insights, and data science is built. As a Product Manager, you’ll play a key role in ensuring we have a robust infrastructure in place to support access to our data via self-service models, standard APIs, and flexible, sometimes custom, data integrations. You will research competitive offerings and conduct gap analyses in the healthcare data and analytics space to inform a long-term roadmap for the development of Oscar’s data platform.
You will report to a Senior Product Manager. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is $136,000 - $178,500 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders internally and externally to build robust and standard sets of data feeds and self-service tooling for custom feeds.
- Expand our set of supported integration formats, including building a standard set of APIs.
- Design and implement data quality and monitoring tools to ensure the validity and reliability of our data.
- Establish an intake and prioritization for implementing new feeds and integrations to support evolving or net new use cases.
- Build a robust communication and socialization plan for the data platform for internal and external use, including the capabilities of our existing platform and plans for future releases.
- Evolve operating model in collaboration with Engineering to support SDLC, estimation, and planning launch timelines.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative feedback to ensure that the platform is being leveraged successfully. Develop long term KPIs to measure impact.
- Drive outcomes and make sure your projects are progressing smoothly across multiple stakeholders within Oscar, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scalability, simplicity, and quality.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system and communicate that complexity simply and cleanly.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to smaller operational details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data.
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience and design with +Oscar clients, members, providers, internal users, and more in mind.
- Data-oriented: You have previous domain experience in data tools and data as a platform.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with data scientists and/or engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Previous experience designing robust data models and creating service layers to support feature-full applications.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.