Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, and finance.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why
- It's working. We're in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google's Gradient AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
The Director of Talent Acquisition will be a leader on the PeopleOps team. Reporting to the CHRO, you will be responsible for all aspects of talent attraction, evaluation, closing, and Openly's employment branding strategy. You will help select and maintain the systems and metrics needed in a world-class recruitment function that champions equity and inclusion in all steps of the process. Working remotely, you have the freedom to build a team anywhere in the U.S. If you are a builder and motivator of talent, join Openly.
- Partner with Openly's PeopleOps and Leadership teams to create a world-class employer brand.
- Set strategy and define a talent acquisition roadmap to scale Openly through ongoing phases of hypergrowth successfully.
- Generate new ideas to identify, engage, attract, and assess new talent for Openly and lead their implementation.
- Identify, evaluate, and lead a fair and inclusive hiring process.
- Leverage external and internal talent data to best inform hiring managers and guide them to make intelligent hiring decisions against Openly values (Integrity, Urgency, Empathy, Teamwork, and Curiosity).
- Lead ongoing headcount planning, collaborating closely with the Finance team and functional leaders throughout the company to deliver on business goals.
- Build and lead a team of recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators to execute the plan to meet Openly's team growth goals over time.
- Coach the broader team on talent assessment skills and build confidence and savvy around hiring and best practices for our leaders.
- Report out current status and relevant talent pipeline metrics to company executives and functional leaders within the organization.
- Support our People Operations team in building out phenomenal programs to support all the great people we bring to our team once they arrive.
- A commitment to building a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the populations we serve with our insurance
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience as an in-house Talent Acquisition recruitment partner with at least three years leading a Talent Acquisition team in a high-growth environment
- Experience in a technology company is strongly preferred.
- Experience creating and implementing a talent strategy aligned to company objectives.
- A quantitative, data-driven approach to managing talent pipelines and a demonstrated ability to communicate insights from the data to executive leadership and other stakeholders
- Ability to be a player-coach, managing multiple internal and external talent acquisition professionals while conducting some searches for senior leaders in our organization.
- A high excellence bar that shows through the phenomenal people you've brought into previous organizations you've supported.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse, Lever, etc.), including leveraging third-party plug-ins to improve results and manage reporting.
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a startup company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the work-from-anywhere mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.