Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents and families, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Sometimes, they reach out to us with a question, concern, or feedback. How we respond to them is fundamental to our success.
Startup gurus often cite customer love and obsession with customer satisfaction as one of the most important ingredients in creating a successful, high growth company. A differentiated, best-ever customer experience is one of Lovevery's highest priorities.
Lovevery is launching a Disability Concierge Service to provide insightful product support that’s customized for parents, caregivers and educators of babies and children with disabilities and learning exceptionalities- part of Lovevery’s ongoing mission to make our Play Kits, products, books and digital offerings accessible. We’re looking for a Customer Experience Specialist to work on the front lines with our customers and to help create a best-ever customer experience, specifically for the families of children with disabilities and learning exceptionalities.
The following attributes in a candidate for this role are more important than prior experience in customer support (which is a plus, but not required):
- Understanding of Disability, Therapies, and Early Childhood – This role involves learning about each specific child’s needs and guiding their family to the Lovevery offerings that will best suit the child’s unique developmental stage.
- Communication – Our customers are sometimes exhausted or even overwhelmed as they adjust to having a new baby, so empathy conveyed through clear and thoughtful written communication is key to every experience they have with Lovevery.
- Action – Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. They’re especially important to ensuring customer satisfaction, where your actions can be the factor that turns a challenge into a success.
- Curiosity – You have a desire to learn, and are genuinely excited and passionate to understand individual needs and communicate the research behind Lovevery.
We’re seeking a unique candidate with deep knowledge of disability and child development. Someone who can thoughtfully listen to the needs of individual families, then creatively suggest strategies for educational and therapeutic play with Lovevery items, to support their child’s unique access needs and developmental progress. The right person has a passion for early childhood learning and disability advocacy, and exceptional written communication skills. Prior experience in communications, client services, or developmental therapy would be an asset.
The Lovevery Disability Concierge Customer Experience Specialist’s Responsibilities are to:
- Have strong general knowledge of childhood disability and therapies.
- See every child’s potential for learning, joy, and success.
- Support each child’s progress with thoughtful suggestions tailored to each family.
- Become deeply familiar with all Lovevery offerings, and demonstrate creativity and insight in identifying fun, beneficial ways for specific children to enjoy them.
- Have excellent written communication skills, with particular sensitivity around disability rights, autism and neurodiversity, ableism, accessibility, and equity.
- Communicate responsively with parents, caregivers and educators to deliver a warm, attentive, affirming, and respectful interaction.
- Collaborate with customers to identify how Lovevery offerings can benefit their specific children with disabilities, such as for gross or fine motor play, to motivate new skills, and in therapy contexts such as occupational, physical, language, and so on.
- Deeply empathize with families who may be dealing with diagnostic, medical, or logistical challenges and frustrations.
- Use a collaborative, validating, non-pitying, respectful and constructive approach.
- Be curious and passionate about researching unfamiliar conditions and communities, to expand knowledge areas as needed.
- Manage workload to ensure prompt replies to all customers.
- This role is responsive to inquiries, and the day-to-day workload will vary at times, so timeline flexibility is fine - as long as estimated timelines are clearly communicated. It’s very important that clients are given realistic expectations, so they feel respected.
- Exercise good judgment in terms of escalating any issues appropriately.
- Liaise with colleagues to brainstorm excellent solutions to novel customer issues.
- Collect and internally share any customer feedback that could help improve Lovevery.
- Work both independently (remote possible) and with the CX team when appropriate.
- Attend virtual workshops and meetings as required.
- Respect client confidentiality at all times.
- Experience with children age 0-4 who have disabilities and learning exceptionalities.
- We are focused on finding the right person for the role, and therefore we're willing to consider candidates seeking either full- or part-time employment
- Deep and broad knowledge of early childhood disability and therapy, which could be from lived experience as a disabled person, or from formal training, or as a parent or caregiver of children with disabilities, etc.
- Superb written communication skills, with the ability to listen, reflect, clarify, and make suggestions, always conveying deep respect towards disabled people and empathy for families who may be new to disability.
- A reasonable level of computer literacy. Our CX team uses email, Zendesk, video meeting software, and social media.
- Previous experience in a customer experience or communications role would be beneficial.
- The ability to manage workload to ensure prompt and thorough responsiveness.
- Sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
Children and families come from all walks of life, and so do we. At Lovevery, we strive to recruit and retain great people from a variety of backgrounds. We believe it’s the right thing to do, and we know that diverse perspectives allow us to create products and experiences that work for all kinds of families. We aim to create a culture of respect, both for our customers and for our employees. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Lovevery complies with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!