A Little About Us
We are a team of ambitious, authentic and innovative experts, with a passion for online education and learning technology. Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners on a global scale. As part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), we are at the forefront of innovation and best practices in the learning technology and talent management sector.
By joining Open LMS, you will become part of a dynamic global team working in a collaborative and fun environment. We offer flexible working hours, encourage open communication and put people at the center of everything we do. We’ve always believed in hiring incredible individuals and treating them right. We take work-life balance very seriously and are committed to providing the best employee experiences. Just like our tag line, Love the Way you Learn, we provide the support so you can unleash your potential!
We’re looking for an individual with the smarts, experience and ambition to support our team in Australia. As the Senior Technical Support Engineer you will combine software and systems engineering to help build and run large-scale, distributed and fault-tolerant systems. You will become a core contributing member to the Customer Success team delivering and supporting eLearning services to over a thousand clients, comprising almost 4 million users worldwide.
This is a remote role.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your responsibilities will include;
- Providing advanced technical support to clients via email, phone, or other methods by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding users through appropriate steps to provide the best possible customer experience
- Review and produce technical, solution and application architecture specifications
- Providing support to issues escalated from the Client Engagement Support team and interface with development teams to hand-off application issue
- Troubleshoot learning management systems including Moodle and Totara along with related plugins, modules, and 3rd party configurations
- Documenting procedures and knowledge base articles throughout problem resolution and architecture development processes
- Monitoring the availability, performance and health of production systems in support of meeting service level objectives
- Participating in emergency incident response on-call rosters. Practicing blameless postmortems that lead to improvements in resiliency and reductions in pager fatigue
- Leveraging code as a resource when troubleshooting issues.
- Accessing the database to run reports and resolve data level issues in the back end.
- Conducting quality assurance reviews of other team members.
- Developing minor bug fixes, configuration changes, reports and plugin installation.
- Provide expertise in advanced integration areas such as SSO, API’s, enrollment management, and advanced troubleshooting.
These are the skills you’ll need to succeed;
- 2+ years experience in the Specialist role at Open LMS or 4+ years experience with ed tech administration
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as a B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer focused with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner.
- Good knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Proficient with multiple computer operating systems - UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls etc)
- Knowledge of integration technologies such as SOAP, REST, LDAP etc is a plus
- Knowledge of source code management is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodle)
- Experience working in education technology will be highly regarded
Some Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Global flexible working policy
- Perkbox, exclusive perks and discounts
- A variety of professional development opportunities
- Counselling access (personal and work-related)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Four weeks (20 days) annual leave increasing after three years of service
- Free superannuation coaching and advice through our default super fund
- This role is also able to participate in the annual company bonus scheme
- Minimum Waste policy, encouraging minimal office waste.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would thrive in, send us your CV by clicking 'Apply for this job'.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.