This role is responsible for creating and implementing the processes and systems necessary to serve our global customers effectively and efficiently.
This role is also responsible for a global customer support team that is collaborative in order to achieve the most efficiencies.
The key accountabilities of this role encompass duties that principally relate to the job purpose and may include other duties that are incidental or peripheral to the job purpose.
Duties of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
Key Result Areas
- Implement the processes and systems that support a single, global queue while accounting for regional needs.
- Establish goals, standards and set expectations of performance and practices within the Customer Success Support team
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Customer Support and provide leadership to its team members
- Monitor work queues and balance team members workload to ensure support meets productivity and quality standards
- Communicate between regions and assist in coordinating activities across multiple departments
- Review and report metrics and capacity planning to the Senior Director. Analyze metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Make sure product feedback reaches product team
- Organize and schedule team resources to ensure adequate coverage, including late shift, on call, leave approvals, etc
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with direct reports as well as lead recurring team meetings
- Serve as escalation point for customer support issues and a senior resource where necessary for customers
- Lead the selection process for Customer Support staff and coordinate orienting new employees
- Guide and coach direct reports; give feedback and assess development, address employee issues; conduct employee performance appraisals
- Identify ways to modify support practices to align with the vision of the Customer Experience or to be more efficient.
- Represent Customer Support to prospects in critical bids or specific sales
Performance objectives are based on the key accountabilities above and are aligned to organisational and team objectives. Individual performance measures and behavioural standards will be discussed and reviewed on a periodic basis in accordance with the Open LMS Performance Development Policy and Procedure.
- Decide priorities to achieve required performance levels
- Decide when to request information from other staff
- Identify own development needs
Core Open LMS Competencies
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as a B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience.
- At least 5+ years experience in a client facing role
- At least 2+ years experience managing a support function
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Passionate about customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- A general understanding of technical elements of support function
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer focussed with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner.
- Extensive knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodle)
- Multi-lingual a plus (Spanish, Portuguese)
- Attentive and responsive to customer (internal and external) concerns
- Listens to and anticipates relevant needs of the customer
- Identifies, influences and manages customer expectations
- Adjusts own schedule to put customer needs first
- Responds quickly to customer problems
- Initiates informal meetings to build relationships
- Puts aside personal issues in favor of customer satisfaction
- Identifies confronts and overcomes barriers to successful completion of a task or project; “puts first things first.”
- Demonstrates a “sense of urgency”
- Focuses on outcomes rather than activities
- Anticipates and prevents obstacles to timely completion of a project
- Is willing to stretch to accomplish goals and “make it happen.
- Removes unnecessary steps when developing a solution
- Aware of yourself Impact on others
- Aware of yourself as an individual or of your own being and actions and thoughts
- Recognizes own emotions and their effects on how others feel or behave
- Knows ones strengths and limits
- Has a strong sense of one’s self worth and capabilities
- Inhibiting emotions in service of group or organizational norms
- Encourages a participative process; has a “win-win” orientation.
- Open minded and actively receptive ; willingly seeks input from others before making a decision
- Listens for common ground in completing tasks and solving problems
- Cooperates with others rather than working independently
- Demonstrates support for the group over personal wishes
- Shares recognition and credit with others
- Capable of adapting to others and new situations; flexible; can handle multiple tasks
- Shifts among competing tasks and meets deadlines
- Shows willingness and ability to change or adapt to change
- Adapts to and works with diverse groups and work situations
- Accommodates or compromises to meet group needs
- Actively responds to others' ideas and opinions
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.