Customer Support Specialists are responsible for providing first level support to customers for a range of applications with a particular focus on the Learning Management System (LMS) and products integrated with the LMS. The position involves a considerable amount of communication with both external and internal customers and teams.
This role combines a range of responsibilities, specifically s/he will:
- Build detailed functional knowledge of the LMS solutions and its workings. Become an expert in the product and be able to advise customers on how it works, why it works that way, and ways they can use that functionality to meet their business needs.
- Self study to learn new LMS features on demand and then apply that knowledge to respond to customer questions.
- Provide functional support to nominated contacts and partners via phone, chat and the support portal.
- Promptly triage, take ownership and respond to tickets within agreed service levels
- Review customer tickets and issues for complete and specific information. Ask for information needed to reproduce the issue.
- Reproduce, troubleshoot, analyse, and resolve customer issues submitted through the support portal quickly and professionally.
- This may include escalating tickets through internal channels, liaising between teams and managing the issue between the client and colleagues.
- Manage customer’s expectations regarding the status of their ticket through regular communication.
- Continuously assess and contribute to Knowledge Management by identifying and/or creating knowledge base articles.
- With manager approval, work on projects which positively impact the team or company while also providing career development opportunities and encouraging staff to put their knowledge and skills to work outside of solving tickets.
- Some out of hours or on call duties may be required
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as a bachelor's degree or equivalent commercial experience.
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Passionate about customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- A general understanding of computer networks and IT systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams and with minimal supervision
- Customer focussed with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner.
- Good knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodle)
- Experience working in or with a Higher Education institution or Learning and Development organization will be highly regarded
- Multi-lingual a plus (Spanish, Portuguese)
- Customer Obsession
- Results Oriented
- Integrator Mindset
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.EOE, including disability/vets