Kindbody’s mission is to make fertility and family-building care affordable and accessible for all.
Founded in 2018, CB Insights recognized Kindbody as one of the world’s promising health companies. Kindbody was named to Inc.’s Best In Business list of most admired companies in 2021 and Fierce Healthcare named Kindbody to its Fierce 15 list of 2022, which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits solution for more than 78 employers and thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody at our signature clinics. As the fertility benefits solution, the technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at a lower cost for employers and consumers. Kindbody has raised $122 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV, RRE Capital and Claritas Health Ventures.
On February 1, 2022, Kindbody acquired Chicago-based Vios Fertility Institute which now provides Kindbody with a national footprint of over 26 locations with a dozen more planned in 2022.About the Role
As an experienced Application Support Specialist reporting to our Senior Helpdesk Manager, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a full time remote position. The Application Support Specialist needs to have knowledge of database management, different operating systems and different programming languages (HTML, Ruby on Rails, React, etc.). The Application Support Specialist is a key member of the team responsible for using technology to improve business performance and strategy. This duty involves using one’s complex problem solving skills to brainstorm software solutions
- Become highly proficient in all clinical applications (Kindbody EMR and Kindbody Patient Portal)
- Troubleshooting clinical application issues for users
- Become familiar with the various EMR integration and HL7 applications within the EMR
- Collaborate with internal users to troubleshoot issues and communicate resolution
- Assess impact and evidence of each request in order to clarify and escalate priorities
- Work with product managers and engineers to resolve problems
- Document ongoing support KB articles on clinical applications
- Setup of user accounts in clinical applications
- 3 + years in application support
- Previous experience supporting healthcare applications (I.e. Epic, Cerner, Nextgen, etc.)
- Experience with database manipulation, SQL, Metabase, HTML, React, and Ruby on Rails
- Proven data analytics and application troubleshooting skills
- Creative, strategic thinker who enjoys digging in and problem-solving
- Proficient in major computer and mobile operating systems such as MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android
- Technical understanding of software development life cycle
- Customer service focused
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple requests
- High level of accountability, proven track record of taking ownership and solving problems
- Exceptional follow-through
- Comfortable in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to flex into responsibilities outside of role to support business growth
- Willingness to work on weekends and evenings based on on-call scheduling.
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Any candidate seeking employment at Kindbody will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.