We’re seeking an MCAT expert to help update Khan Academy’s MCAT course, which we offer for free, to anyone, anywhere. By making quality free resources available to all learners as they prepare for the MCAT, Khan Academy and American Association of Medical Colleges hope to make the paths to a medical career more open to those who might not have had such access in the past.
- You’ll learn how to use Khan Academy’s Content Management System to review user reports collected from the last few years and identify the top opportunities to improve the course.
- Guided by user reports and your knowledge of MCAT test specifications, you’ll propose and implement high-priority fixes and enhancements to Khan Academy’s MCAT course (including exercises, articles, and videos) and improve our learners’ experiences and outcomes.
- With assistance from the Test Prep content team, you’ll use your deep knowledge of the MCAT to scope and propose a range of more general improvement projects.
- You have exceptional command of the content covered by the MCAT (you would earn a top score if you took the test tomorrow).
- You have experience teaching MCAT prep, independently or for an agency.
- You have strong intuition for how students like to learn, as well as insight into common misconceptions.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action.
- You have strong written communication skills: strong grammar, syntax, proofreading and copy-editing.
- You have experience creating MCAT prep content such as study sheets, handouts, questions or articles.
- You have meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- You have computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools.
- You have a passion for education and a desire to change the world.
- Preferred: Experience creating instructional videos.
- Location: Remote
- 20-30 hours weekly, hourly temp role; workday timing is flexible
- Salary commensurate with experience
- You’ll need US, Canadian, Australian, or Mexican citizenship, US Residency, or other authorization to work in the US
- Please submit a cover letter and resume describing your qualifications and interest