Invoca is the industry innovator in AI and machine learning-powered Conversation Intelligence technology. Forrester Research identified Invoca as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Conversation Intelligence: Sales And Marketing, Q4 2021 report, stating that Invoca is one of the few established conversation intelligence vendors that can legitimately claim AI capabilities.
With over 300 employees, more than 2,000 customers, and nearing $100M in revenue, there are tremendous opportunities to continue growing the business. We are building a world-class SaaS company, having raised over $100 million from Accel, Upfront Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Morgan Stanley, and H.I.G. Growth Partners.
At Invoca, we live by our four core values:
- Figure it Out: we take ownership of our work and are given the freedom to blaze our own trails.
- Help Each Other Thrive: we foster an inclusive and humble culture that allows us to build value for both our customers and our people.
- Continuous Improvement: we challenge the status quo every day to develop creative solutions that make our products better and our customers more successful
- Light the Customer's Way: we don't just sell a product or turn on a service; we are partners and trusted advisors who support and invest in our customers and their success.
If these values resonate with you, we encourage you to come join us - we are building something special.About the Role:
This important role reports to the Sr. Manager of Sales Development and is a tremendous opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of Invoca’s aggressive growth objectives. The Company is growing quickly and is seeking candidates that can drive even higher levels of success in penetrating our target markets. In this role you will move seamlessly from crafting and executing a visionary plan for the Corporate and Inbound SDR team to rolling up your sleeves and jumping on a call to show a team member how to win! You will lead with confidence and demonstrate you are an expert throughout all aspects and levels of the lead generation/sales development process.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of successfully building and guiding lead generation/sales development teams to achieve lead quotas. This important member of the sales team will be a strong, sales-oriented leader with experience across the diverse set of capabilities required to ensure the team beats its goals.
This is a pivotal leadership role, working alongside management from Marketing, Sales, and Sales Operations. The ideal leader is extremely results-driven, a motivator, has a keen eye for operational efficiency, drives execution, and leads by example.You Will:
- Generate new business opportunities to drive pipeline growth
- Drive outbound prospecting via lead gen inquiries and cold calling key targeted accounts
- Work closely with marketing and sales management to develop call strategies and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and coach SDRs (note: successful SDRs are promoted to sales positions, making hiring and training a particularly important function)
- Establish and improve sales development processes to maximize team effectiveness
- Proactively work to improve the cadence and throughput of the assigned sales development resources as we grow Invoca’s marketplace presence and success story
- Establish short- and long-term strategies for generating and qualifying sales leads
- Assist in designing and implementing a scalable training program and materials for SDRs
- Collaborate regularly with Sales and Marketing to establish a repeatable and scalable approach to generating quality leads
- Motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching, activities, and incentives
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the SDR team stay focused and deliver the results
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com
- Manage, track and report on all sales activities and results of the team
- Remove roadblocks to SDR success
- 2 years of management experience in Sales, Sales Development, or Inside Sales management, preferably in SaaS Software, CRM, or enterprise applications.
- 4-year degree in related field
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast-growth environment
- Proven track record at establishing and achieving or exceeding measurable goals in a highly automated Sales Development environment
- Experience with start-up environments and highly-transactional enterprise sales models such as Invoca’s
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound tele-prospecting methodologies in high technology-based products and/or services
- Ability to train, coach and mentor sales development reps and interns
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and customer success
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to lead a team to execute outbound prospecting strategies including:
- Pre-call planning
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- Time, territory, and program management
- Experience with SDR enablement/training/mentoring of new hires
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, Google Suite, and Salesforce.com)
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources – in particular in the area of prospecting and social selling
- Great communication skills (positive and energetic on the phone, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills, team-player, working with other SDRs and field reps, sales management, external lead-gen agencies, marketing)
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
- Paid Time Off - Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all full-time employees. We also offer 15 paid holidays, 10 days Compassionate Leave, 3 days volunteer time and more.
- Healthcare - Invoca offers a health care program that includes medical, dental and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from so you can make the best choice for yourself, partner and family.
- Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
- Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
- Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
- Paid Family Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
- Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to twelve weeks 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical need
- Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, Invoca provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes and more.
- Position Base Range - $76,000.00 - $100,100.00/ plus bonus potential
Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone. - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.