About IOV Labs
Our purpose is to build a more decentralized world for a freer and fairer financial future. We develop technology to re-engineer the way value is created and moved around the world. Our mission is bold. Our vision is big, and our purpose is deep. We achieve our objectives as a team by using the IOV Labs values as our guiding principles. Our values reflect the fact that we’re a global, distributed team that embraces complex and revolutionary decentralized technologies, guided by a strong social purpose. If you’re keen to join the technological revolution at IOV Labs, keep reading!
About the role
- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Payments team. The candidate will be collaborating to design, implement and maintain protocols and services, peer reviewing code, documenting and testing features. The candidate is expected to also be focused on improving the team's work processes, implementing changes to streamline operations, and bringing best practices from his/her experience. Should be open-minded, passionate, analytical, and hard-working interested in agile and decentralized organizations and enthusiastic about the blockchain ecosystem.
- Actively participate during the product design phases, analyzing requirements and proposing innovative and alternative solutions.
- Collaborate on architecture definitions, always thinking of solutions that are scalable and secure.
- Develop quality code, with emphasis on correctness of implementation.
- Write and support unit/integration tests
- Collaborate in the evolutionary maintenance of the product.
- Conduct independent research in your area of ownership; design, implement, and document solutions.
You’d be a great candidate if you have:
- Bachelor or advanced student of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
- Strong experience with 6+ years as a Software Engineer in high performing teams.
- Knowledge about software architecture principles, design patterns, performance, and software engineering best practices.
- Expertise in web applications and architecture.
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience in functional programming.
- Willingness to learn decentralized technologies and work on all layers of the stack.
- Ability to permanently learn from new technologies and work on a fast-paced team with many diverse projects.
- Advanced English language proficiency.
- 3+ years of experience working with RustExperience working in blockchain technology projects, smart contract development and/or dApps development.
- Computer security knowledge.
- Have experience working for objectives with remote teams.
benefits & Perks
- Total Rewards Package includes:
- Competitive salary.
- Laptop and other working tools you might need.
- Rest of world: 100% remote working (contractor) from anywhere in the world.
- Possibility to work at your nearest WeWork space.
- Flexible working hours. You’re free to work however you work best.
- Paid holidays and personal leave days.
- Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology in a challenging and unique project.
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy.
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world.
- Language courses: English, Spanish or Chinese.
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological and wellness counseling for you and your family.
We are excited to see what you're made of!
IOV Labs embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.