Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Clinical Talent Specialist
About This Role:
We are looking for a personable, organized individual to help bring energy and professionalism to our clinical recruiting process!
As our Clinical Talent Specialist, you will be part of the Talent team. You will work to broaden the visibility of Hazel Health among mental and physical health clinicians. You will be knowledgeable of recruitment best practices and creative in getting in front of passive candidates. You will ideally have experience creating and managing a clinical onboarding process and have a solid understanding of cross-state clinical licensing (Ex: LCSW, LMFT, MD, etc.)
What You’ll Do:
- Develop effective recruiting plans and strategies on a state and national level
- Create and manage job postings on our careers page and external job sites
- Review and screen clinical candidates for roles within our clinical teams
- Interview candidates for a variety of clinical roles
- Schedule and coordinate interviews for hiring managers
- Build relationships with clinical associations to increase Hazel brand awareness
- Source applicants through a variety of creative methods (Facebook groups, in-person events, etc.)
- Prepare reports, records, and track metrics
- Keep current with sourcing strategies and industry trends
- Work with the leadership team to determine staffing needs and projections
- Train and educate hiring managers on appropriate interview and hiring procedures
- Continue to build and improve our clinician onboarding process
- Provide a positive candidate experience with consistent communication and regular touchpoints
- Assist with candidate offers and negotiations
- Assist with new employee training and cross-state licensure, as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
We are looking for diverse individuals who want to support our mission and values. Please consider applying even if you don't fully meet 100% of these criteria.
- Passion for our mission
- Undergraduate degree, preferred
- Prior experience in a Recruiting role in a fast-paced, start-up environment, 3 years minimum
- Prior experience in recruiting Clinical/Mental Health candidates required
- Strong understanding of the Mental Health field and the clinical licensure process strongly preferred
- Experience in building/managing a clinical onboarding process
- Ability to make sound decisions without always having 100% of the information
- Excellent customer service skills (we want every candidate to have a positive interview experience!)
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated experience partnering with hiring managers
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business needs and priorities (we are a true start-up!)
- Exceptional organizational skills and a drive to build processes that make the department run more efficiently and effectively
- Ability to show a high level of judgment in a variety of complex situations throughout the recruitment process
- A track record of personal accountability, strong attention to detail, and follow-through
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package, including a base salary and bonus potential
- Flexible work hours and the option to work remotely
- Generous, high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage on day one of employment
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of salary
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays annually
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
- Home office setup including a Macbook, iPad (depending on role), and internet reimbursement for remote positions
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.